Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Please help,4670k
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok,ok,so i have been on this site quite some time,but today i had to register to ask for help. I am currently trying to play Metroid Prime 3 (Trilogy version),and i just cant seem to get it to run smoothly. I am using dolphin 4.0.2 and a GTX 580,i played MP1,2 greatly. but when i play MP3,my PC acts weak to it. I just finished watching someone on youtube play the game flawlessly on 3.5 - 367 and did the same thing and i STILL cant get it to run smoothly. Another thing i noticed,i have my PC OC'd at 4.0 right now but when i want to go a bit higher i go to 4.4-4.5 easily. now when i had windows 7,i go to system and it showed me the cpu and what i had it OC'd to,but NOW on windows 8.1 with the 4670k,it still says im at stock,same thing with dolphin. On the top left corner,i used to see what the pc is OC'd to,now i just see it as stock. Sorry if i type a bit weird.i truly apologize. but can someone help me? THANKS
Download and run a program called CPU-Z. Post a screenshot of what its main window says. It may be that something in your BIOS isn't set correctly. Note that when running the emulator, Dolphin will never report your overclocked CPU speed, only the stock clock, though other programs will vary.
(02-27-2014, 03:46 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Download and run a program called CPU-Z. Post a screenshot of what its main window says. It may be that something in your BIOS isn't set correctly. Note that when running the emulator, Dolphin will never report your overclocked CPU speed, only the stock clock, though other programs will vary.

i would post it,but i am too lazy as i just woke up.lol. But trust me.you will see nothing wrong.I have it oc'd to 4.0ghz at 1.135v with base clock @100.0. I will take a pic as soon as i can today.