Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Boot to black console
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bob__

First-time dolphin installation here. I don't know whether the problem is with my ISO, my hardware, or my settings, so any and all assistance is appreciated.

I ripped an ISO of my wii game with CleanRip. Dolphin detects it fine and even runs it. But all I get for the screen is a black console with the following text in yellow:

AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
AuthenticAMD, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AES, 64-bit support
C:\Users\boblo_000\Games/SOUE01.part0.iso
Note: Option "EFBEmulateFormatChanges" is overriden by game ini.
Warning: Opening the graphics configuration will reset settings and might cause issues!
Dolphin OGL Video Backend.
Video Info: ATI Technologies Inc., AMD Radeon HD 7560D, 4.2.12420 Compatibility Profile Context 13.151.0.0

The bottom of the screen gives the following data:

JIT64 DC | DX11 | HLE | FPS: 0 - VPS: 51 - 88%

The VPS wobbles between 50 and 54, 85-90%-ish.

It does pretty much the exact same thing whether I have the Graphics backend set to Direct3D11 (yes, I have DX11 according to dxdiag) or OpenGL. I set the log verbosity to warning and copied it into a text file attached.

I can see it's complaining about stuff in that log; but I have no idea what it means or what to do about it, so I'm hoping someone can get me started in the right direction?

I know my hardware isn't great, so if that's the problem I'll live with it; I just want to make sure that I know what the problem is first.

For the record, I don't need the game to render smoothly or cleanly to get what I'm looking for out of the emulation, so if it's at all possible to get it to run on my hardware (even at 10 fps or whatever), I'll take it.
Sound like a bad dump. Re-dump your game from the disc. Use a tool to get its MD5 hash and compare that hash with one from Redump.org or GameTDB.com. They should match; keep dumping if they don't.
(02-27-2014, 05:22 AM)bob__ Wrote: [ -> ]the following text in yellow:

Dolphin OGL Video Backend.

(02-27-2014, 05:22 AM)bob__ Wrote: [ -> ]The bottom of the screen gives the following data:

JIT64 DC | DX11 | HLE | FPS: 0 - VPS: 51 - 88%

I'm trying to figure out how you managed to do that

bob__

Ok, it was the ISO's. Because it's a 4.4GB deal, CleanRip insists on splitting it up into two files: one of 4GB and one for the leftover, even though I have chunk size set to "MAX". For some reason, UltraISO kept saying both iso's were "invalid or unknown image file format", but the windows copy /b command worked for combining them, and now the game actually executes. Woot. Thanks much, everyone.
If the USB device you're using to dump the ISO is formatted in FAT32 then CleanRip will always split in two files because the maximum file size for FAT32 is 4GB. For future dumps you could use a NTFS formatted device to prevent the split...