Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Tales of Symphonia - run much slower in Windows Vista?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tear

I tried Tales of Symphonia in Windows XP 32 bit a few days ago, using R 3943, and it ran fast. The only problem is the audio that's still not emulated perfectly. But then i installed Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit yesterday, and then i tried the game again. I' was quite shocked to see the result since it ran much slower (only 30 fps in battle, while I got 50-60 fps in battle with Windows XP).

So, is there anything i can do to raise the framerate in Vista? Tales of Symphonia is currently the only game in my list that runs slow in Vista..
Maybe its because Vista eats up a truckload of RAMS.

Tear

4 GB of RAM still not enough?
Vista eats up at least 1-2 gb of memory.

*Quick edit
Typo Tongue

Tear

I found out that all heavy GC and Wii games run very slow in Vista. So I decided to reinstall XP..
Vista is a fail.

Tear

Yeah but directX 10 is only available for Vista. That's a shame..
Yea. DX10 is actually just power-saver version of DX9. Theres no actual performance boost but better heat management tho

Tear

(08-09-2009, 10:18 PM)dyoo Wrote: [ -> ]Yea. DX10 is actually just power-saver version of DX9. Theres no actual performance boost but better heat management tho

Well actually PCSX2 is a lot faster using DX10