Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Upgrading Soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so I'm upgrading my CPU soon but I've been wondering if i should upgrade my Graphic card as well or do guys think i'll be fine with my current one

Operating System: Windows 8 x86
Processor/CPU: AMD E1-1200 APU With Radeon HD Graphics 1.4GHZ
Video Card/GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
Memory/RAM: 4.00 GB (With 3..46 GB Usable)

I'll be upgrading my CPU upto this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CO8T...PDKIKX0DER
Unless you want the benefit of hyperthreading, the i7-4770k behaves exactly the same in Dolphin as the i5-4670k, just more expensive.

Well, considering the fact that the HD 7310 is in integrated GPU, I would say yes, update it.
(02-26-2014, 05:23 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you want the benefit of hyperthreading, the i7-4770k behaves exactly the same in Dolphin as the i5-4670k, just more expensive.

Well, considering the fact that the HD 7310 is in integrated GPU, I would say yes, update it.

What would you recommend? That go good with the I7-4770k?
It basically comes down to personal preference and how much your budget is.
If Nvidia
Get a GTX 760 if you want to upgrade when their next set of cards come out
Get a GTX 770 or 780 if you don't want to upgrade come the refresh

For AMD,
One of the new R9 or R7 cards should be fine. Compare the models for what you want.

However, you can just survive on the Intel HD graphics for the time being if you want to save money and wait for the next refresh cycle for AMD/Nvida. It should be enough for around 2x IR in most games
(02-26-2014, 06:44 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]It basically comes down to personal preference and how much your budget is.
If Nvidia
Get a GTX 760 if you want to upgrade when their next set of cards come out
Get a GTX 770 or 780 if you don't want to upgrade come the refresh

For AMD,
One of the new R9 or R7 cards should be fine. Compare the models for what you want.

However, you can just survive on the Intel HD graphics for the time being if you want to save money and wait for the next refresh cycle for AMD/Nvida. It should be enough for around 2x IR in most games

Well looks like i won't be able to upgrade my graphic card right away but the i7 will do just fine won't it? I'll be able to play most games at more playable seeps then i do now right? (Right now LoZ Wind Waker moves like a snail on my current rig)
MSI Z87 G45 motherboard + i5 4670k
i7 is a waste of money . In Dolphin Benchmark , i7 4770k = i5 4670k , there is no reason to pay more money for i7 unless you desperately need it for non-gaming purpose like video encoding
i5 and i7 , you still need to overclock both of them (4.2GHz) to achieve full speed in some demanding games
@ryaneden

Yes. But for 1080p and/or AA you're going to want to upgrade to a graphics card at some point.