Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SweetFX x64 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

just started using dolphin and it's awesome. Problem is I can't get it to run with sweetfx. I d/l the x64 version and put the files into the right place (the two dll in the parent directory of the x86 version which all went into the root directory of the dolphin install. When I go to run it I get a, can't load dxgi.ll error and crash

any suggestions?

here's where I got the x64 version: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=...tcount=528

I'm on windows 7 btw
(02-26-2014, 04:15 AM)delt31 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

just started using dolphin and it's awesome. Problem is I can't get it to run with sweetfx. I d/l the x64 version and put the files into the right place (the two dll in the parent directory of the x86 version which all went into the root directory of the dolphin install. When I go to run it I get a, can't load dxgi.ll error and crash

any suggestions?

here's where I got the x64 version: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=...tcount=528

I'm on windows 7 btw

No one got this to work on x64?
Dolphin has GLSL shaders built in to the OpenGL backend. You do not need sweetFX in the first place, if you use the OpenGL backend, which is currently the one you SHOULD be using, iirc.

You may not be able to use multiple shader files, but you can merge multiple into a single file. Just, don't ask me how to do that, I'm not some kind of know-all-language programming wizard.

If you absolutely need a certain shader that's provided with sweetFX but not with dolphin, just port it. They're both GLSL, it shouldn't be too hard, if anything more than a cakewalk. I'm not an expert on this, at all, but I'd say it'd probably be as simple as copying all of the code, and then making it not rely on the external configuration file from sweetFX, which would be a matter of constants. At most, you'd have to change some code to make it compatible, but again, I'm not an expert on this.
@delt31

Don't use OpenGL unless you know what you're doing, I've managed to get ESB Series+SweetFX working with Windwaker for that "Wii U version" look and sure is impressive! However in order for this SweetFX pack to work you have to use the now deprecated D3D9 backend and only works for the x86 version. The package is floating around (Google) called Kalicolas Enhanced Windwaker, just extract it to where your Dolphin.exe is and that's all there is to it. It not only enhances Windwaker but also any game I throw at it with Dolphin. But keep in mind this only works under the specified backend only but if someone is able to port it to OpenGL that would be too much for my knowledge and capacity. Let me know how it works out for you though.