Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: strange issues with xenoblade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone

i hate to ask a question that has probably been asked like 100 times but after looking around for ages i cant find a solution to my problem

after starting new game im have a steady 30fps during the intro cutscene, however after the giant titan dude (mechonis?) gets his arm cut off the fps plummets to around 12 and doesn't go back up. im using the latest build for dolphin and i have no idea how to sort this.

any help would be greatly appreciated! Big Grin
What CPU does your laptop use? Xenoblade is very demanding, most likely your computer is not powerful enough to run it.
(02-26-2014, 12:04 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]What CPU does your laptop use? Xenoblade is very demanding, most likely your computer is not powerful enough to run it.

i have a i7 quad core, runs pcsx2 pretty good. thanks for the quick reply Smile

i also have a nvidia geforce 555m gpu
There are so many problems with your settings.

Why is idle skipping off? Why are you using LLE audio? Have you made sure to set maximum performance in the NVIDIA control panel to make sure the right graphics card is used? It says Intel HD3000 in Dolphin; but I know not to trust that.
"i7 quad core" tells us nothing; it means nothing. There are literally dozens of CPUs that are mobile i7s. Yours could be any one of them but whether or not you can comfortably play XBC or not depends on which specific i7 you have. Give us a model number.
My processor is: Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz. 2201 Mhz, 4 Cores(s), 8 logical processor(s)

As for the settings I just been following advise from other people. Some guy said turning off idle skipping sorted his problems, who am i to disagree? I have little to no knowledge of emulation.
Also i have selected the nvidia high performance processor in the control panel
Try having Idle Skipping on, Try using HLE audio, the NVIDIA high performance thing sounds good.
cheers guys

got a nice speed up after enabling idle skipping, however the problem still persists.
You still using LLE audio? If so, don't.

You should follow the admin89's laptop performance guide. Note the parts about using ThrottleStop and how to set Dolphin to use your Nvidia GPU.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Additionally, try setting your FPS to Auto and uncheck Limit by FPS. Limiting by FPS has the odd effect of specifically causing slowdowns in battles for me.
sweet il look into those

i really appreciate the quick advise thanks!