Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Emulator for Fatal Frame 4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me what the best build would be? It certainly isn't 4.0.2, so I was just wondering if someone would know?

I see that they disabled 'Disable Lighting', so the game is now quite slow with my Alienware system on this version.
latest
(02-24-2014, 07:29 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]latest

IF you meant the version that was uploaded half an hour ago, that would be incorrect.

If you mean version 4.0.2, again you'd be incorrect. The one that disabled lighting was the best version, honestly, just the out-of-sync sound.

You are correct that it runs faster, but it's darker, and the Disabling Lighting brightened it.
You said best, not fastest or "Has a bug that makes the game easier".

We don't support old builds here anyways.
Because you were so kind as not to fill out your profile with your computer, I can't even assist with configuration.

"Processor: HP Pavillion"
"Graphics Card: ATi Radeon HD"

You know what that makes me think? It makes me think that you're uneducated about your computer, and that any help we give you won't really make any difference. And even if you do know what your computers parts are and still posted that, then you did a poor job in reading and comprehension on what and why we ask those questions.

Either way, unless the lighting is inaccurate; latest builds are better than than older builds. Are they faster? In some cases yes, in a lot of cases, no. If you already like the older build with disable lighting, then why are you searching for a different build? Is there a problem/crash in the older build? You left out so much information that I have no idea where to even look!
(02-24-2014, 08:27 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Because you were so kind as not to fill out your profile with your computer, I can't even assist with configuration.

"Processor: HP Pavillion"
"Graphics Card: ATi Radeon HD"

You know what that makes me think? It makes me think that you're uneducated about your computer, and that any help we give you won't really make any difference. And even if you do know what your computers parts are and still posted that, then you did a poor job in reading and comprehension on what and why we ask those questions.

Either way, unless the lighting is inaccurate; latest builds are better than than older builds. Are they faster? In some cases yes, in a lot of cases, no. If you already like the older build with disable lighting, then why are you searching for a different build? Is there a problem/crash in the older build? You left out so much information that I have no idea where to even look!

I have two.

The one I'm currently using is:

a Gateway GT5692 PC. Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, ATI Radeon HD 3200Graphics controller, AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-core Processor with 4GB of RAM.

I don't have high issues with a lot of games at all, I enjoy this emulator, but for the games I seriously want to play when my Wii is on the Fritz, it won't play that fast. Or it does, but the sound is way out of sync, lol.

Sorry I didn't add the PC information, it wasn't because I didn't know how, I haven't updated my CP/
(02-26-2014, 01:18 PM)Nikostratus Wrote: [ -> ]Phenom 8450

Your CPU is too weak for this game (and for most games btw)