Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How much more demanding is Metroid Prime 3 than 1 and 2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have really good performance for MP1 and MP2 (though it does stutter every so slightly more when there are explosions) on the GC versions, how can I expect MP3 to run?

I also run RE4, MGS TTS and LoZ TP pretty much perfectly, how can I expect the Galaxy games, Sonic Colours and Skyward Sword to run?
To run those games, you could try pushing the CPU a bit (if possible). That model shouldn´t give you lots of problems with them though.
Dear god, stop asking laptop users to overclock DJBarry004, mobile Intel CPUs can not be overclocked unless it's a Extreme version, distinguished by a XM at the end (Core i7-xxxxXM). If you had taken a little time to look at OP profile (or signature) you would have noticed that it's a i7-4702MQ, so, not overclockable. This is the third or fourth time I see you asking laptop users to overclock when they clearly have CPUs that can't be overclocked Dodgy

To the OP: your CPU is pretty capable, Metroid Prime 3 is a little more demanding compared to MP1/MP2, but you should be able to get full speed most of the time. With Skyward Sword and Sonic Colours you'll probably have full speed all the time, but if you plan running SMG/SMG2 with DSP LLE (required to have working audio and to prevent freeze at Grand Star levels) then it won't cut it...
I'm not so sure about that Jhonn, MP3 is pretty demanding, and has lots of bugs on NTSC. It's GPU thread is especially demanding at high internal resolutions.
I never played the Metroid games in Dolphin but I know that MP1/MP2 are demanding, so I assumed that MP3 wouldn't be much more demanding than MP1/MP2. I'm probably wrong then Undecided
It shouldn't really be that much more of a jump from MP1/MP2, it was originally a gamecube game (but only ran on dev units which had double the normal amount of RAM) so it's not like it requires the extra speed of the wii's CPU.
But it uses a ton of the Wii's new graphical features, and it's really taxing on the GPU thread. It's definitely more taxing on the others from my experience. And Prime 1 and Prime 2 are pretty demanding on their own.
The wii didn't have any "new graphical features", it's the exact same graphics hardware that was in the gamecube.
True true. Regardless, it uses HDRI (in appearance if not in fact)-lighting and bloom techniques that very few other games. There is more use of the techiques on the Wii (MP3, Twilight Princess Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, just to name a few) than there is on the GCN (Twilight Princess GC is the only one I know of), but you are correct that it's the same GPU in both.

None of this really changes that it's a really demanding game with lots of issues though.
Cool thanks for the advice guys, Im not too fussed right now since I have MP1 and 2 to still play and I dont have a Wiimote right now either. As for OCing, yeah its a laptop CPU so options are limited. I can however increase the multiplier but the my biggest block is temp which goes high enough as it is when its TCing.

Still though will I be able to manage majority of games on my system?
Pages: 1 2