Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I am Using This first time,Is this specification Ok?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rookie Amogh

Hello,I am using this emulator for the first time,My Wii was broken and I have 20-30 Games,But don't wanna buy another wii,Just because I have bought new laptop.I generally want to play WWE 12,13,Spiderman:Shattered Dimentions,Super Mario Galaxy and other.
My specs are as follows,
Intel i5 2435m @2.4GHZ,3.0Ghz using Intel turbo booster moniter 2.0
Nvidia Geforce GT-525m 1GB overclocked
6GB ddr3 Ram
Dolphin v4.0.2,I want to games 720p or 1280*1056 or at 1.5x-2x with audio
Can Ido so?,Thankyou
That CPU won't cut it for some games. SMG and WWE will not play well.

Rookie Amogh

Thankyou for your reply,But I can Play SMG easily at 2x-3x Resolution(1600*1050)And the FPS is 35-40 at minimum.I can also play games such as AC 4,AC 3 Battlefield-3,Batman Arkham Origins,Sims 3,NFS Rivals,Etc with pleasant FPS of 30-55 on my PC(laptop) .It Can also run wii games Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and COD MW 2,3 with no problem with Dolphin Emulator.WWE 13 I have Disc but had given it to somebody,And he will give It back in a day.But I only want to play game at 1366*768 or 1028*720 would do.But with 35-50 FPS.My GPU is overclocked and Battery mode is always set to "High Performance" and Even Cpu from 2.4 GHZ to 3.0GHZ.6GB of Ram I think is enough.Please Reply that can I run WWE 12/13/2K14
Your cpu is slow for those games . That's the truth
We don't care how many FPS you get . As long as game not run at full speed , you will be suffered from audio stuttering.
And don't compared PC gaming to emulator please . PC gaming demands GPU raw power while emulation is basically a virtual machine that demands CPU raw power .
The recommended mobile CPU for those games is i7 4700MQ which is equivalent to i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
Ram doesn't matter anyway

Rookie Amogh

Thankyou very much.Now I get to know what is the real thing.My CPU is slow,and this is a big issue,Anyway I like to play without audio and play other mp3 songs side by side.This was really helpful.Though,I can Run WWE 12 without any problem with disabled audio and other games like SGM and COD MW 2 with full speed and I have not found a video or graphic issue till now.But WWE 13 is a far better graphiced game than WWE 12 and I may face problems.My conversion of raw Graphics and all is not cleared till now but,This forum as well as the reply were fast and good and Maybe it is the correct solution.I can play certain games well at full speed but some do have problems.