Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and Controller Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chunter

If I'm using an Xbox controller, and I have configured it to work as a wii remote and as a nunchuck and I have configured the classic controller settings, and I'm playing a game like Super Smash Brothers, how do I know which configuration it will use?

Will it use the xbox controller as the wii remote and nunchuck or will it use the classic controller settings?

Also, I'm getting some major slow down on certain games, like Donkey Kong country Returns and Mario Kart Wii. Is there a website that list certain settings recommended for certain games? If so, can you have a game load specific settings, so you don't have to keep changing them each time you load a different game?

Thanks,

One more thing, I've read alot of different long posts on how to get a wii remote plus to work with dolphin, people tend to have trouble with all the ones I have found, is there a good go to post that has a standard way to get a wii remote plus controller and nunchuck (TR ones) to work with dolphin?
AMD CPUs tend to be slower than IntelsĀ“ due to lower single-core performance (according to cpu-world.com, it has almost the same SCP as the Pentium DC E2180 with a difference of 0.07 points).
chunter Wrote:Will it use the xbox controller as the wii remote and nunchuck or will it use the classic controller settings?

It will use whatever one you have set as your Extension in your Emulated Wiimote settings.

As for problematic TR WM+ controllers, there's a guide on the main website that describes the problem and the solution iirc. Just check out the Guides section on http://dolphin-emu.org

chunter

(02-24-2014, 03:54 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
chunter Wrote:Will it use the xbox controller as the wii remote and nunchuck or will it use the classic controller settings?

It will use whatever one you have set as your Extension in your Emulated Wiimote settings.

As for problematic TR WM+ controllers, there's a guide on the main website that describes the problem and the solution iirc. Just check out the Guides section on http://dolphin-emu.org

I attached a picture. So, whatever you select for the extension is what type of controller it will use?

Is there a way to set different extensions for different games? So, when I click on mario galaxy it just loads nunchuck extension and when I click on smash bros it automatically loads the classic extension?
(02-24-2014, 08:07 AM)chunter Wrote: [ -> ]I attached a picture. So, whatever you select for the extension is what type of controller it will use?

Yup, it's that easy.

(02-24-2014, 08:07 AM)chunter Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to set different extensions for different games? So, when I click on mario galaxy it just loads nunchuck extension and when I click on smash bros it automatically loads the classic extension?

You'll have to set it through .ini game config files. Have a look at this thread: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game Specifically, the "Choosing Control Profiles per game" section. You'll need to make two profiles for what you want to do (one for the Nunchuk and another for the Classic Controller) and then reference them in each game's .ini file as described in the thread I linked to.

chunter

thanks for all the info!