Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS after 3 minutes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheMikirog

Hi there!

I've installed Dolphin 4.0.2 on my computer and got some games. After three minutes FPS on 3D scenes turned from 40-30 FPS to 10-20 FPS. Is my computer good enough to run? I've set all settings for the best perfomance. What I can do to make FPS don't drop so fast (expect of buying hardware)?

Specifications:
CORE: Intel Core 2 Duo
GRAPHIC CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
RAM: 4 GB
Way too low in my opinion, does it happen randomly or when you do something, e.g. enter a new area?

Either way, you want to upgrade that thing to Windows 7 or you'll get a nice Virus hook
Your system is probably overheating. Check your temperatures and clock rates.

TheMikirog

(02-24-2014, 03:35 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Your system is probably overheating. Check your temperatures and clock rates.
Many thanks. I've cleared my went from dust and now it works much better. Now it drops down after 8 minutes. Still not enough, but thanks for the tip.
Have you tried monitoring your temps to confirm it's an overheating issue? anyways applying thermal paste should solve the problem, Arctic MX-5 i believe is the recommended.
What's your CPU clocked at? It might be that the scenes are just more tasking for your CPU and it starts to lag behind.
If it happens after a set amount of time it's almost always a temperature issue. Reseat the heatsink and reapply thermal paste.