Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote+ Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

davbedwards

Lat night I connected my new Wiimote+ to Bluesoliel (then refreshed into Dolphin) and had no problems. I played Skyward Sword for about 2 hours. After I was done I disconnected my Wiimote from my computer. Later, when I wanted to play again, the controller would not connect to Bluesoliel anymore. This is really a problem for me because I bought this Wiimote+ just for Skyward Sword and I'd really like it to work.
Officially, only the Toshiba bluetooth stack is known to work with TR wiimotes (almost all Wiimote plusses register as RVL-CNT-01-TR, but it's possible that your may be a regular RVL-CNT-01), and Bluesoliel is thought to be the least compatible out of all the common bluetooth stacks. The fact that you had it working once is likely a fluke, which would explain why you can't do it again.

Your best bet is to acquire the Toshiba stack, and then follow the official guide here: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-...ion-guide/

davbedwards

(02-23-2014, 02:26 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Officially, only the Toshiba bluetooth stack is known to work with TR wiimotes (almost all Wiimote plusses register as RVL-CNT-01-TR, but it's possible that your may be a regular RVL-CNT-01), and Bluesoliel is thought to be the least compatible out of all the common bluetooth stacks. The fact that you had it working once is likely a fluke, which would explain why you can't do it again.

Your best bet is to acquire the Toshiba stack, and then follow the official guide here: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-...ion-guide/
I downloaded it and began the guide. When I got to the step "Connecting the Wii Remote Plus" section I only got to step 3. While installing the HID it says "Registration Failed. Try Again?" I noticed on my Wii remote as soon as it tries to install it to HID the 4 blue lights stop flashing and when I press sync again they don't flash until after the fail message pops up.

davbedwards

I've done it. Instead of doing an express installation I did a custom. I don't know why it worked, but it did.
Glad to help.

davbedwards

I have Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and when I try to connect my Wiimote+ to the PC it wont connect to HID. I get to the screen that says "Prepare to connect to the remote HID device, then click OK." I press 1 and 2 on my controller and press OK and as soon as I press OK the lights on my controller stop blinking and it doesn't connect.
You have to use the sync button on the bottom of the controller to connect -TR wiimote pluses. That was mentioned in the guide.

*used moderator magic to merge the threads*

Please don't make a new thread when you can just keep using one.
(02-23-2014, 03:28 AM)davbedwards Wrote: [ -> ]I've done it. Instead of doing an express installation I did a custom. I don't know why it worked, but it did.

It seems that when I connected my -TR at my house, I had to do the custom installation on a fresh install of Toshiba stack. once i got to the "HID connection" spot, I waited until the lights stopped blinking and then clicked "OK" to register it. it would register, clicked finish, then opened up dolphin and hit refresh on the controller config. it paired. toshiba stack seems to do something whenever the computer is put to sleep and stops working thereafter. When I tried all of these steps at a different location (other than my house), i didn't have the registration problem in toshiba stack and was able to connect easily via the express settings. Not sure if it has to do with possible interference. There doesn't seem to be a permanent fix to the need for a fresh install of toshiba stack.
MusicNomad Wrote:I waited until the lights stopped blinking and then clicked "OK" to register it.

Why did you wait for the lights to stop blinking? They are supposed to blink until Dolphin connects with the wiimote. When they stop blinking and there are no lights on, that means the wiimote has given up and turned off. And what's this about pairing? Wiimotes do not "pair" in the traditional sense (unless it's OSX), they just connect. Pairing is a complex and not very reliable thing on PCs, and I haven't seen anyone get it to work successfully with a -TR. I wouldn't recommend trying for it.

Try to follow the guide's instructions straight up, without any deviation, and see what happens. You should save any pairing experiments for after you have gotten the -TR wiimote working on a basic level. https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-...ion-guide/
(02-25-2014, 12:40 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]
MusicNomad Wrote:I waited until the lights stopped blinking and then clicked "OK" to register it.

Why did you wait for the lights to stop blinking? And what's this about pairing?

I stand corrected on "pairing" only going off what others have said on this forum, however:

I followed the guide explicitly first thing when I came to this site. Unfortunately every time i put the laptop to sleep or restart, Toshiba stack won't recognize any bluetooth devices. No surprise here. I have tested this with my phone as well so I know it isn't the Wiimote alone. So I have to uninstall/reinstall Toshiba BT to get it working again. At some point recently, the only way my wiimote would "connect" to toshiba (even after a fresh install) was through aforementioned method. First going through custom install on TBT, letting it discover the wiimote, then clicking it to register. before hitting "OK" to register, i read somewhere else on the forums that someone was having the same problem. every time they allowed the wiimote to register, they would first hit the sync button, then register. But right once you clicked "OK" the 4 lights would turn off immediately and "registration failed" would pop up EVERYTIME. So I tried the suggested and waited until the lights went off, clicked "OK" and it registered and the handshake was apparent in the toshiba settings manager. The lights continued to stay off until I hit "refresh" in dolphin, then the "1" spot lit up and everything was fine as it had been before. This continued to be a pattern until I brought my laptop to another house, and I was able to connect the wiimote without this problem as if I were to follow the guide originally with no deviation from it. Don't know why this happened, but apparently i'm not the only one experiencing it. Could be like many have said, the -TR's are finicky or perhaps i'm using an internal atheros BT or perhaps there is interference of some sort.

Regardless, I have to do a clean install every time I want to use it after "waking" or restarting my laptop, and it is quite tedious.