Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to get 60fps on Pikmin Wii without faster sound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put framelimit to 60 and clicked the Limit by FPS checkbox. The game runs at 60fps but the music goes extremely fast. Is there a way to change this or do I need to play at 30fps for the music to be normal speed? (Also, I'm using the latest version of Dolphin).
If Pikmin is a 30 fps game, then unless someone makes cheatcodes for the game, then no.

If it's a 60 fps game, then, I don't know what's going wrong.
It's a 30 fps game – all three of them are, in fact. I'd love to see someone make the games run at 60, though – that ostensibly doesn't seem *that* difficult to do, considering we just need to enable the VBeam speedhack and hack up the game's built-in framelimiter.
(02-23-2014, 03:07 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]It's a 30 fps game – all three of them are, in fact. I'd love to see someone make the games run at 60, though – that ostensibly doesn't seem *that* difficult to do, considering we just need to enable the VBeam speedhack and hack up the game's built-in framelimiter.

Would that be doable with Gecko or AR codes? That would be pretty sweet (although it probably wouldn't be that big of a difference).
Basically, yes, because you can modify the bits of game code which govern frame limiting and speed of motion/sound etc relative to framerate. For some games it's relatively trivial, yet others may require a lot of work.