Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Please help to reduce CPU usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dangkitui

Hi everyone,

I'm using Dolphil 4.0.2 to play Fire Emblem 9 - Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem 10 - Radiant Dawn (both in US version, .ISO file), Dolphin always take up 100% of CPU usage. If I unckeck Enable Dual Core, the CPU usage is about over 70% and the game is so slow. so please guide me how to configure Dolphin to play game with less cpu tensive. Thank you.
Below is my PC config and Dolphin setting

[Image: 3tcv72b2xmf71u10s91e.jpg]
[Image: 6y4q95qipk6f9n36h29w.jpg]
What you're asking simply doesn't make any sense. Dolphin is a CPU intensive application because it is emulating something. If you want to make it use less CPU, turn the frame limiter down to 5 or something.

But, that's not what you're really wanting. You want the emulator to run faster. Unfortunately, even with optimizations that have come recently, I'm fairly sure your CPU will never run a majority of the games at playable speeds. It's not a matter of optimizing Dolphin; it's a matter of your CPU being completely unequipped for using the emulator.

One the bright side, your computer is probably fast enough for most SNES emulators.

dangkitui

Thanks,
In fact because CPU run at 100% so some scenes will crash. When I using version 3.0-592 with Windows 7 x64, game can be play smoothly and CPU is about 70-80%, so I think of I did something wrong or need to do something about this.
3.0-592 is an older build with less features and fails spectacularly on tons of games. Because it has less accuracy and less features, it is also a bit faster for some people depending on the game.

dangkitui

Thank you for your answers.