Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Editing Wii ISO Details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KKEYSER4063

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I am new to these forums and have been scouring the interwebs and not been able to find a suitable answer. And, before I ask, I'd just like to preface this by stating that all my Wii/GC ISOs were dumped, by me, from original Wii/GC discs, which I own and retain in my possession (bought a GDR8082N DVD drive exclusively for this purpose). With that out of the way...

Where is the information listed as "ISO Details" stored in a Wii ISO file? I am referring to the fields of information found by right-clicking an ISO from the main Dolphin window, clicking "Properties," then navigating to the "Info" tab. (Screenshot attached)

I've been able to edit data for GC games using the GC Rebuilder tool, and I have been trying to use the Wii Scrubber tool to examine the .bin files in a Hex editor, to see if the data I seek is referenced there. I have been through a number of these files, and have not found the data that appears in the ISO Details window of Dolphin.

Is there anyway to edit/alter this data from within Dolphin itself? Or, excepting that, does anyone know where in the ISO file this information is stored, and if it would be editable with either a Hex editor or some other tool?

Thanks in advance,

- Kevin
Just open the ISO in a hex editor, it's after the first couple of lines.

KKEYSER4063

(02-20-2014, 10:26 PM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]Just open the ISO in a hex editor, it's after the first couple of lines.
Hmm... When I do this, I do see some kind of title information; however this is not what is shown in the ISO Details window of Dolphin. There was another tool that I had tried, with no success - a Wii ISO Renamer v3, I think - the information shown on the first couple of lines in the ISO file seems to be the bit that the Renamer Tool edited.

Currently, I am trying to edit how Twilight Princess for Wii displays in Dolphin. After running the game and purging the cache in Dolphin, it displays the game with the title, "The Legend of Zelda:" with "Twilight Princess" stuck under the "Notes" header in the Dolphin window. Doing a search for the string "Twilight Princess" in the ISO under a Hex editor yields no results beyond those first few lines, which, as states, do not effect Dolphin's display of the title's name.

Update: I found the area that contains the Dolphin "Title" and "Notes" fields - which is the main thing I wanted to change, anyway. To do this, right-click your ISO in the main Dolphin window, and select "Open Wii save folder." There is a file called "banner.bin" - edit this in a Hex Editor, and you will see the title and notes information Dolphin displays. Change them as you see fit (and I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be good to simply add or delete data from the file - I was careful to only replace hex values, bascially just staying in overtype mode, so that the length of the file remains the same after the edit), then just purge Dolphin's cache and you're good to go. Smile

Qaazavaca Qaanic

1. Dolphin prioritizes the save file for game titles and descriptions above the internal ISO name. Maybe your save file is bad or has the wrong name and/or is being read incorrectly.
2. Wiimms ISO Tools is one way to rename an ISO properly. Or try looking for easier-to-use tools if it's too hard.