Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To start off, I want to say that I'm not asking for the devs widescreen patches for Dolphin. I'm not here to jump down the throats of the devs (who are great; seriously guys, Dolphin's the tits).

For The Wind Waker, there is a widescreen patch in the form of an AR code that works fantastically (only very minor issues in the open/close animation of the start menu, as far as I know). There's no messed up effects, such as the water issue with the GC Twilight Princess or objects disappearing/glitching when they are outside of the 4:3 view.

What I want to know is how to stop objects from disappearing/glitching when they are outside of the 4:3 view, and/or how to create widescreen patches in general. And not just 16:9; I guess what I truly want is to be able to play these 4:3 games in any resolution without just stretching the image to fit the screen and instead just drawing more of the game environment. There are many games I want to play from the N64/PS2/Game Cube that would be fantastic in widescreen (so much more on screen), and I don't want to wait for someone else to make the patches, because chances are no one will for nothing but a "thanks" from me, and justifiably so.

If the answer is too detailed for someone like me who doesn't know how to code or anything of that sort (obviously I will have to learn if I want to do this myself), is it possible to explain in laymen's terms how to go about creating a patch to play a game at any resolution without simply stretching to fit the resolution?

I'm just drooling while imagining playing Majora's Mask on three monitors in 5760x1080. Thanks for reading, and thanks for the possible future replies.
If you can't code/reverse engineer, it's too complicated.
(02-20-2014, 08:30 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't code/reverse engineer, it's too complicated.

Fair enough. Do you know specifically what would I need to learn?