Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any game freezing when trying to save (GC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

flip

Noticed with most games I have tried so far (namely Tales of Symponia and Time Splitters 2), when I try to save to a memory card it tends to simply freeze and never finish saving.

Tales of Symphonia has had a bit more consistently with successful saves, but fails often enough to be annoying. Time Splitters 2 fails saving every time.

I am using netplay to play both of these games, so both are being saved with that. I also had issues saving on Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle (but not over netplay). It has frozen trying to save both to my own card as well as a friends. I have checked "Write to memcard (GC)", but that doesn't seem to change consistency of successful saves much. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks Smile
Did you use savestates?

flip

(02-20-2014, 03:15 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use savestates?

The issue I described above was when I was using memcards on netplay. This is because when I previously used save states they never succeeded over netplay and just froze the game (it works fine when emulating by myself though).
Do you both have the same memory card file?

flip

(02-20-2014, 10:26 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you both have the same memory card file?

I'll have to check this when my friend gets on, but as far as I am aware (and ofc I could always be wrong :P) I don't think the system cares, at least not how we have been doing it. We had simply been having the host choose a memory card in the "Configure Pads" window when setting up the netplay game. As far as I know this is a host only option. The options that gives us is to simply choose one of the connected players for the memory slot, which we chose to put my friend in slot A. This then let us use memory slot A in game for our saves. This has worked a bit with ToS, but has had some freezing too. Every other game we have tried so far only freezes when trying to save.

Maybe we are simply not using the card correctly? :o
You could try the dualcore netplay branch which has full mem-card syncing. But, Tales of Symphonia is not supported for dualcore syncing, you'd still need to use single core.