Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help with better configurations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

samri

I can't seem to find a decent configuration. I'm running Smash bros melee and while it is playable there are pauses in the audio and some of the intenser battles. I believe my PC is up to par for this.

(02-19-2014, 10:12 AM)samri Wrote: [ -> ]I can't seem to find a decent configuration. I'm running Smash bros melee and while it is playable there are pauses in the audio and some of the intenser battles. I believe my PC is up to par for this.

sorry forgot to post specs

CPU: AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800
Ram: 8gig
DirectX 11
samri Wrote:I believe my PC is up to par for this.

What leads you to this belief?

samri

(02-19-2014, 10:25 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
samri Wrote:I believe my PC is up to par for this.

What leads you to this belief?

emulators rely on cpu and while reading "Dolphin CPU hierarchy" in the forums the AMD FX series was capable of running this at very fast speeds. I understand intel takes the cake in emulation but if I could run most of my wii or gamecube games id be most pleased
This type of response is quickly convincing me to remake that thread to be more clear.....

Just because your cpu is in one of the faster categories doesn't mean it's going to run every game or every setting perfectly all the time.

samri

OK let me try to re-word this and tell me if I'm on the right track.
Having already posted my specs would this PC have the capability to run games such as the picmin trilogy, the two legend of zeldas for wii, or both smash bros. I'm still not sure what your getting at. If i should state my question differently or in a totally different thread
samri Wrote:I'm still not sure what your getting at. If i should state my question differently or in a totally different thread

All I said was that you shouldn't expect that cpu to run everything flawlessly.

There is no such thing as the pikmin trilogy. Pikmin 3 is a WiiU game not a gc/wii game. Did you mean metroid prime trilogy perhaps?

Twilight princess will struggle in some areas but not everywhere. Skyward sword is more demanding than that.

Smash brothers will likely struggle a bit in some of the more "intense battles" as you put it.

samri

dude I'm just trying to find the configuration/settings I should be running for my build running games like this for best performance.

by trilogy I mean 3 there are 3 picmin games so its a trilogy maybe not commonly labeled but it fits the bill. Now that you say the 3rd is for wiiu I guess I mean 1 and 2
Have you tried the Wiki pages under the Game Support section of this forum? It discusses settings and configurations for each Wii and GC game, as well as, provides any additional recommendations. You can also try olders versions as those are faster but has bugs and play around with those settings but keep in mind anything old will not get supported here, however it is encouraged to use the latest. Hope that helps!
(02-19-2014, 10:44 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]This type of response is quickly convincing me to remake that thread to be more clear.....

Yes indeed