Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No keyboards input works with homebrew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

3xTher0

Hello !

I'm trying to run homebrews I made on Dolphin (Thought it would be easier than reboot my wii when crashing...) but no inputs work (keyboard).
I thought it came from my code, but I compile samples from devkitpro and it doesn't work either. Also tried with TrurType samples and same result...
But it works with my game rips (GC and Wii) !

I then think that I might need a wii nand dump and tried either with a clean dump with boot mii (as boot2) and extract it with my key and also with FStoolbox but still nothing...

Is there something to do with source code to tell dolphin if it's a Wii ou GC homebrew ? (configured GC pad and Wiimote and still nothing !)

Thank you for your help !
The keyboard emulation in Dolphin is based on an old IOS API that was only used by early games. In theory it should be possible since the USB_HID code was merged, but probably the OS has the USB keyboard device exclusively locked.

3xTher0

(02-19-2014, 06:46 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]The keyboard emulation in Dolphin is based on an old IOS API that was only used by early games. In theory it should be possible since the USB_HID code was merged, but probably the OS has the USB keyboard device exclusively locked.

Thank you for the answer.
Think it's not an usual ask, but would it be possible to make a windows based interface ?
Maybe also a linux one...

I saw some times ago some cIOS that have an auto reload (didn't watch this way), this could help me but is away from dolphin (except if some OS evolution is planed for homebrews Wink )
As I understand dolphin is not a "real" emulator as its purpose is to run isos and doesn't support homebrews ? (I may watch to wiimote BT link ?)

I'm looking for an hardware improvement control in a wii u matter to see the differences (that doesn't seem to be a matter for dolphin) for a 1080p res.
I want to exploit Wii U HW capacity and the best way I found is from Dolphin community that has reverse it...

Sorry if it's over purpose Smile