Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What game region should be better in dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
lol! cmccmc is gonna be enthralled XP
Bought Luigi's Masion PAL Version, already dumped, works fine, and as predicted, at normal speed when gets 50 fps! Thanks for the tips, helped so much!
Well, in some cases you don't get a choice of which region to play because some particular games only let a select region work on dolphin.
So far I've only encountered one game that does so & we all know what that is ^^
Wait, wait, wait. Shouldnt that be legal though? To download games if you own legal copies of it anyway? Its like when people create no-cd stuff on gamescopyworld and whatnot. that is legal, so long as you use it on a legitimate copy of the game. isn't it the same scenario?
(08-09-2009, 12:54 PM)PodX140 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, wait, wait. Shouldnt that be legal though? To download games if you own legal copies of it anyway? Its like when people create no-cd stuff on gamescopyworld and whatnot. that is legal, so long as you use it on a legitimate copy of the game. isn't it the same scenario?

No, to own the game is not enough to allow you to download its iso. You may also marry your game and you still have to dump it unless you want to get banned cause you do something illegal. And I have just heard of gamescopyworld, but I am quite sure that this is illegal to.
"You are ONLY allowed to ENTER GameCopyWorld if you need information to make a backup of an Original Game CD/DVD of which you are the legal owner. By Clicking the ENTER button you agree with the above Notice!
If you do not agree with the above notice then close your browser now!"

Taken from the front page of GCW. If you continue...

"You are LEGALLY ALLOWED to make a personal backup of an Original Game CD/DVD as long as you are the owner of the Original Game CD/DVD."

So, in a sense, by dowloading, the person who is sharing it is breaking a law, however you are only making a personal backup of a game that you own.

Is this still illegal? Correct me if I'm wrong, not trying to troll or flame, just trying to clarify some things.
Even if you have your own physical games, that doesn't mean you are allowed to download from the internet. No matterwhat you have your own games or not, downloading is same as supporting and encouraging piracy to other people.
(08-10-2009, 03:58 AM)PodX140 Wrote: [ -> ]"You are ONLY allowed to ENTER GameCopyWorld if you need information to make a backup of an Original Game CD/DVD of which you are the legal owner. By Clicking the ENTER button you agree with the above Notice!
If you do not agree with the above notice then close your browser now!"

Taken from the front page of GCW. If you continue...

"You are LEGALLY ALLOWED to make a personal backup of an Original Game CD/DVD as long as you are the owner of the Original Game CD/DVD."

So, in a sense, by dowloading, the person who is sharing it is breaking a law, however you are only making a personal backup of a game that you own.

Is this still illegal? Correct me if I'm wrong, not trying to troll or flame, just trying to clarify some things.
downloading sure isn't making a personal copy/backup
the shareder (if its his own backup) is more legal then you
but then he does share it that that makes him illigal too
so you are both boned. now gtfo Smile
Quote:the shareder (if its his own backup) is more legal then you

in which country is that the case ?

here (europe) it is MUCH MUCH MUCH worse in front of the law to upload anything you got (original or not does not matter at all) then download it.

thats why many here block their upload on p2p, as only uploaders are being charged in those networks.

Still : this does not matter for this forum here of course !

@ topic :

there are 2 categories of games :

- those who run the same speed on pal and ntsc version : with these you shuld choose the pal version

- those who run faster on ntsc version : with these it does not matter which one you choose as they run with the same speed at same fps.
Wait, wait, wait, I thought PAL version was faster doesnt it????
Pages: 1 2 3