Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Upgrading my Dolphin rev, need advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using 3.5-1158 for a very long time, and been very happy with it overall. However, that version is almost 1 year old and it's time to upgrade because that version still has incompatibility with some of my favorite games.

In particular, I've learned Skies of Arcadia (red shadows) and Resident Evil Code Veronica X (general brokenness) are both fixed now, which for me is great.

But I'm torn between 4.0.2 and a newer dev build. So let me ask the question:

***Is there a particularly good/fast/compatible post-4.0.2 version I should consider?***

Now before anyone says RTFM or whatever, normally I would look at the commit history on google code and choose a revision with a lot of positive feedback. HOWEVER, since the move to github that feedback mechanism is missing (or at least *I* haven't found it) and so I'm kind of lost on what a good dev build would be.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your replies. Big Grin
(02-18-2014, 04:47 AM)Nameless Mofo Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using 3.5-1158 for a very long time, and been very happy with it overall. However, that version is almost 1 year old and it's time to upgrade because that version still has incompatibility with some of my favorite games.

In particular, I've learned Skies of Arcadia (red shadows) and Resident Evil Code Veronica X (general brokenness) are both fixed now, which for me is great.

But I'm torn between 4.0.2 and a newer dev build. So let me ask the question:

***Is there a particularly good/fast/compatible post-4.0.2 version I should consider?***

Now before anyone says RTFM or whatever, normally I would look at the commit history on google code and choose a revision with a lot of positive feedback. HOWEVER, since the move to github that feedback mechanism is missing (or at least *I* haven't found it) and so I'm kind of lost on what a good dev build would be.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your replies. Big Grin

What are your specs?
(02-18-2014, 05:18 AM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]What are your specs?

Dell Precision M6700 laptop
Core i7-3940xm (4 core, 3.0ghz, turbo to 3.9)
Nvidia quadro k5000m (very similar to a geforce gtx 680m), 4gb memory
32gb, 1866mhz ram

I also have a lesser powered HP laptop that I also use sometimes:
HP Elitebook 8570p
Core i5-3360m (2 core, 2.8ghz, turbo to ~3.5)
intel hd4000 graphics
8gb, 1600mhz ram

So I also read that opengl backend is now the recommended one over dx11?
Yeah, just use the latest dev build. It will perform the best for you (I think your card supports OpenGL 4.4, which gives the nice speed boosts)
(02-18-2014, 06:35 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, just use the latest dev build. It will perform the best for you (I think your card supports OpenGL 4.4, which gives the nice speed boosts)

Actually, according to the wikipedia entry it's only up to opengl 4.3. But the gtx 680m entry says 4.4. Maybe all Kepler (GK104) gpu's are 4.4 capable?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_quadro
All Kepler GPUs have been updated to OpenGL 4.4.