Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I play things at a decent speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is what I am working with, wondering if I can actually use Dolphin now at a decent speed.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GH
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 750M
Dolphin is a CPU intensive program. You have one of the best laptop CPUs possible. You'll be fine for most games that don't need an overclock.

Use one of the latest dev builds (4.0-905 as of writing), make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers, and follow the power plan and GPU performance part of this guide: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
So I just tried it out, and I realized Dolphin plays better when I am not charging my laptop. I do not understand how or why.
Well, it should perform at its best when plugged in....
While your situation is opposite from the usual case, it's obviously got something to do with power profiles, either Windows's or Nvidia's (or even your OEM's, if you aren't the bloatware-removal type). You'll want to muck around with those until the performance is either equal or better when plugged in.
(02-17-2014, 05:36 AM)Senoue Wrote: [ -> ]wondering if I can actually use Dolphin now at a decent speed.

You'll have to define "things" you've been planning to play. List your games