Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and game cube help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

leperlord666

Good day

i ve recently discovered roms , and Dolphin , so im very new .

It took me a few days to just figure out how to setup my GC usb controller LOL

I finally got a few games working , and am pleased , but the few games that brought me
here , are failing to work for me , which confuses me to no end , because i see them running
like butter in youtube vids etc , on pc setups less than mine .

Also perplexing me is how to make and use saves , im enjoying a few games like Luigis
mansion , wave race BS ,super monkey ball , super Mario sunshine , but have to restart
from scratch every launch

i ve used the wiki links in dolphin as well ( very nice touch) , but nothing solved for me .

PS Are there any files made for Dolphin that have optimal settings for each game , that when i choose to play Ie Resident evil , i load a preset config file , instead of having to muck about with settings for each game ?
No , im nowhere near smart enough to write one Smile-

i would be extra please as a pig in poo if i can just get Resident Evil going and the star wars
But id like to satisfy them all if possible . Damn im jonesin when i see folks running Res evil
on their pcs LOL

Heres a list of games and errors and successes , and my specs .

Ausu ROG -G75V

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Processor @ 2.30GHz

RAM
16.0GB

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G75VW (SOCKET 0)

Graphics

Nvidia GEForce GTX 670M

Audio

Nvidia hi definition audio

Star Wars - Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike wont load past 1st screen with dolby etc.

Star Wars - Rogue Squadron II - Rogue Leader , after a long wait i get to the screen where characters/soldiers are in line , audio stutters and video is extreme slo mo . 3.5 gets thru a few intro screens , but ultimately audio goes static and video fails

Resident evil even after many audio adjustments , audio is slow mo , like the characters are on downers , and character movement is real slow , and characters even go in circles before i touch controls .Dolphin 3.5 plays it best , but still unplayable .Followed wiki advice as well .

legend of Zelda windwaker ( audio and video stutter etc...had it acceptable at one time ) .Not sure what changed

In super smash brothers melee i cant get past where i choose a character ,after i choose mode , i choose character , and keep going back in circles . i cant play game .

wave race blue storm , works good on DSP HLE & Xaudio 2 at 30 latency & Luigis mansion

Super monkey ball ( never a prob , one crash report said maybe disable dual core , but it kept playing)

Super Mario sunshine seems fine ( i just cant figure how to aim/raise water nozzle to reach the 2nd M i need to wash off ) .

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 , stuttering audio

Midway Arcade Treasures 2 , when launch get warning: PSE (paired single enable) in HID2 was unset .

Midway Arcade Treasures , after hit start it goes thru hallways to a point , screen goes black .

Soul caliber 2 was working fine , but i must have changed something in settings , ausdio stutters now

Sonic Adventure DX - Director's Cut same as soul calibre above

Cheers
First off, please post what is the exact model of CPU that you have.

You will have sound issues if the game isn't running at fullspeed. Try switching over to the OpenAL backend and increase the latency.

As for the saving issue, you might not have admin rights to the Dolphin Emulator folder in "Documents". Right click on the Dolphin Emulator folder and click on properties to see if you have permission to read and write from it.

Make sure you:
1) have all your drivers up to date, DirectX web installer is up to date, installed all Windows Updates, latest version of Visual C++ (2013), and latest drivers from Nvidia.
2) are on the OpenGL backend, and have the Vertex Streaming Hack enabled under Graphics>Hacks (OpenGL only)
3) have your computer set to high performance under Power Options in Windows, and have Dolphin in a high-performance profile in Nvidia Control Center, with power management set to maximum. (don't use Dolphin to set your graphics card, leave it at the first option, Nvidia will take care of switching over for you): https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
4) Try the latest dev build (currently 4.0-865). There's no Vertex Streaming hack because of other OpenGL 4.4 enhancements.

Game Specific:
Rogue Squadron III: Not currently playable: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...=star+wars

Rogue Squadron II: Still pretty buggy https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...=star+wars

Super Mario Sunshine: You need to configure the L and R analog triggers to an axis

Midway Arcade Treasures: You need to change the MMU to on under the games properties (right click) https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...way+arcade

Midway Arcade Treasures 2: don't think this game works https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...way+arcade
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 works absolutely perfectly. I've actually played it a ton.
Ok, I don't have the game, and the page hasn't been updates.
Actually both Wiki page and game thread on the forum don't need to be updated. They say the game works. I know because I created or/and updated them :p .

Midway Arcade Treasures 1/2/3 work pretty fine. Star Wars games on GC are broken except Jedi Outcast and Bounty Hunter that work just fine. Other games work without any real issue
I saw the 3 stars for starts but the compatibility bar is all black, and there wasn't any other info, so I didn't know what to make of it Smile
try changing the backend from opengl to direct3d or if you using direct3d change it to opengl. some games seem to only use one or the other.