Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question or not but it seems like a good guess at where it goes. This christmas there is a 99 percent chance my mom is getting me a laptop. I have it narrowed down to 2 she can afford. The first is this one: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d...d=11038077

and the second is

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d...d=11038078

My questions are

1. Which of these would run Dolphin (Mainly for games like Super Mario Galaxy and such on the Wii) at a decent playable speed

2. How would I hook up a wiimote and nunchuck to this
Go for the first one. Geforce 8200M is a crap compared to HD 3650. And the processor is better too. But I'd rather recommend you to go check circuitcity.com. They have pcs from every company, and they are really cheap too.
I would go to circuit city except for 2 things

1. they went chapter 11 here in eht

and

2. As unfortunate as it is my mom is on a serious budget. She knows what comp i want if she wasn't. It's a 4000 alienware gaming pc with quad core, 8 gigs of ram, terabyte hard drive. The second was what I was thinking as well...namely because I want a blu ray player in the house, plus I would assume the second one is better gaming wise

Any1 else with opinions?
the 1st one, it will run dolphin much better
Okay it looks like the first one is better (for 200 more it better be LOL)

next is how do I hook up a wii mote and nunchuck

cmccmc

get a wireless sensor bar and a bluetooth dongle
I already have a dongle because that is how I am online but what is a wireless sensor bar
okay major change of plans. My dad wound up buying me a dell studio 15. Heres the specs

Dell Studio 15 15.6 in HD (720p) LED Display with TrueLife and Camera

Intel Core 2 Dou T6600 (2.2ghz) processor

3GB RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

256mb ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 grapics card

6X slot load blu ray combo drive

any shot of running dolphin on this?
Well, I'm gonna guess that that 4570 is gonna be as good or better than the 3650 in the other one you were about to get. Processor-wise you're ABOUT the same.

Super Mario Galaxy is runs fairly well in a lot of places but even on uber OC'ed i7 machines, it's currently a tough game to get CONSISTENT great framerates on. Your laptop is good and I'm gonna guess that it'll definitely be able to run a lot of Gamecube games at full-speed. However I'm not sure about Wii games.