Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How is this happening with my speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I did play a Dolphin revision SVN a long time ago. I can't remember which, it has been a long time and I deleted it but I have not upgraded my computer since 2010 and this was around 2013 when I last had it.

My processor is AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.45 GHz.

Also, with that emulator, I was able to play Twilight Princess in a fully explored Hyrule Field just after finishing Snow Peak Ruins in full speed in HLE mode and Direct 9.

Now, I go do the same again with Dolphin 4.0.2, with the same settings(haven't changed them since downloading it) and it is a lot slower. I do remember they were the same settings as the other emulator, with it set to Texture instead of RAM. I even edited the ini file for the game and deleted some of the override settings.

Both emulators I had the game set to the ZTP hack too.
Dolphin is getting more accurate, and because of that, it's becoming more demanding too. Your CPU doesn't meet anymore the minimum requirements to run Twilight Princess full speed with current Dolphin builds, this is why older revisions are faster...