Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy 2 Sound Lag? Some other Questions about Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the newest version of dolphin (4.0.2) and I've found that I have to use DSP LLE Recompiler in order to not have music cut out during mario galaxy 2 levels. The problem I'm having is there's a hint of lag in the sound. Its almost unnoticeable, but when I switch to DSP HLE and reload the game you can tell the difference - the HLE sound has 0 lag.

Is there any way to fix this? Should I be using the separate thread option as a general rule of thumb? The separate thread option didn't fix the lag - just an fyi. '

Also, how do I know which games need LLE or HLE? Is there a way to save settings for specific games so I don't have to frequently change them?

The games I really want to play right now are Mario Galaxy 1 / 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Zelda Twilight Princess. Anyone have any advice for those games?

EDIT: Just rolled up skyward sword and gameplay is great but I occasionally get some sound cutouts. Any way to fix this?
Go into the development discussion section and download the Latency Fix branch from Degasus's thread and see if that helps your sound lag.