Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WAD files problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

All the WAD files I've tried have major issues with Dolphin. My PC: i7 2600 with GTX 560 Ti

Examples:
Sonic The Hedgehog series have major audio lag when loading and the picture is like 2 fps (so it's unplayable)

Nintendo games like original mario classic have perfect sound, but black picture.

I experimented with External Frame Buffer without luck.

Today I've tried Mega Man 10 and it's the only one that's working without glitches.

Any possible fix in the future?

Cheers
1- None of the NES Virtual Console games have graphics.

2- Thw WADs are like "emulators" which play the included game. Since you´re playing an "emulator" in other emulator (Dolphin), that means LOTS of speed drops.

3- For slow games, you could try with any recent dev build under OpenGL and check Progressive Scan. OpenGL got really fast these days.
Yes but after all WAD is supported and light on resources, so I guess that's not much of a problem.

Just tried progressive scan and it's working! Still some audio frames drops but it's playable.

Thanks!
Turn the texture cache to safe when playing some virtual console games to smooth things out.
Thanks man! This helped. Cheers to you and dolphin team!