Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slow gamecube games on my i7 980x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't know if I need a new video card or not. But I have an i7 980x stock speed Windows 8 16GB Ram, Dolphin 4.0.2 GTS 450 card and these gamecube games are slow:
1080 avalanche
Charinko Hero (Japan)
F-Zero GX
Disney-Pixar Monsters, Inc. - Scream Arena
Disney-Pixar Ratatouille
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Godzilla - Destroy All Monsters Melee
Gun
Hunter: The Reckoning
The Incredibles - Rise of the Underminer
Mortal Kombat - Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat - Deception
Rocket Power - Beach Bandits
SSX Tricky
Zoids Vs. III (Japan)
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest

Will buying the upcoming GTX 750 TI improve my speeds?
other gamecube games play fine at 57-60 fps except the above.
Try enabling TurboBoost. Overclock may improve speed. Post your graphic configs as screenshots.
(02-11-2014, 05:42 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Try enabling TurboBoost. Overclock may improve speed. Post your graphic configs as screenshots.

I check the bios and TurboBoost is enable. Here are some picture of dolphin video config.
Try with any latest dev build under OpenGL. OpenGL got faster these days...
(02-11-2014, 06:11 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Try with any latest dev build under OpenGL. OpenGL got faster these days...

where would I get these builds can you provide a link.

Thanks.
Your GTS 450 supports OpenGL 4.4, same as the GTX 750 Ti. The only difference you will see is that you can use higher internal resolutions/AA/AF due to the higher bandwidth and speeds.

Dolphin relies on the CPU more than GPU for games (opposite of "PC games"). Like DJBarry said, try enabling TurboBoost or overclock for more speed.

Dev builds are located below the stable builds on the Downloads page.
(02-11-2014, 06:18 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Your GTS 450 supports OpenGL 4.4, same as the GTX 750 Ti. The only difference you will see is that you can use higher internal resolutions/AA/AF due to the higher bandwidth and speeds.

Dolphin relies on the CPU more than GPU for games (opposite of "PC games"). Like DJBarry said, try enabling TurboBoost or overclock for more speed.

Dev builds are located below the stable builds on the Downloads page.

Extreme Edition CPUs have unlocked multipliers? DidnĀ“t know that.
thanks for the replies I just tried dolphin 4.0-850 with openGL and still experiencing slowdowns with the game on the list above. I know that k version are overclock-able but I never done it before so I don't know how to overclock.
You can just select the frequency on the corresponding BIOS option, or simply change the multiplier (like x4, x16, x22, etc.).
(02-11-2014, 06:51 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You can just select the frequency on the corresponding BIOS option, or simply change the multiplier (like x4, x16, x22, etc.).

I tried changing the multiplier once and got a blue screen and pc would not boot to windows and thought my cpu would overheat and have not tried it since.
Pages: 1 2 3