Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulator just sits there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

destroyer96

Hi, sorry if this is a painfully stupid question, but I've been trying to figure this out for an hour and I simply can't. Whenever I open a game on the emulator (4.0.2), I just get the following message:

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
GenuineIntel, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HTT, AVX, AES, 64-bit support
<file of the game>
Dolphin DX11 Video Backend

Using different backends produces the same result and all of my drivers and whatnot are up to date. I'm using 4.0.2 with an AMD Radeon 6800 series graphics card and 8gb of DDR3 RAM.
I'm not sure if this is an error message or what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize again if this is a really stupid question or against the rules in any way, thanks.
Um, thats the typical boot-up message when starting Dolphin. Tongue
That´s not a problem, it´s just some info about your machine, the game that is starting and the backend you selected.

Does Dolphin still works after the message dissapears?

EDIT: Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaq! Got ninja´d again! Sad

destroyer96

(02-10-2014, 07:17 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]That´s not a problem, it´s just some info about your machine, the game that is starting and the backend you selected.

Does Dolphin still works after the message dissapears?

EDIT: Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaq! Got ninja´d again! Sad

The message doesn't disappear, it just sits there displaying that message Tongue
Try clearing your shader cache (if it still exists).
Also, if it's the same game, you probably didn't dump it properly, try confirming the MD5 hash.

destroyer96

(02-10-2014, 07:36 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Try clearing your shader cache (if it still exists).
Also, if it's the same game, you probably didn't dump it properly, try confirming the MD5 hash.

I cleared the shader cache which didn't help, and none of my games work.
Try the latest dev build (4.0-834 as of this post)
@destroyer96 - You haven't said which games you're trying to play specifically, nor have you said if you verified the integrity of your game dumps. What you describe (black screen on boot) is typical of having a bad dump. You should use a program to generate your game dump's MD5 hash, then check it against verified hashes on sites like GameTDB.com or Redump.org. Like Zee530 suggested, if the hashes don't match, you don't have a 1:1 copy of the game disc, hence you should redump your games until you get good dumps.