Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 1 million rupees question : the BSOD (black screen of death)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everybody. I got a slight problem with the dolphin emulator. Indeed, when I try to run a game, the dolphin window turns black and I can't see or hear anything.

But the framebuffer shows 50 FPS, and I don't understand why I can't see any picture. Does somebody know why dolphin does that ?

Thank you. Undecided
What's your graficscard? If its one of those:

Quote:[Model thats Dolphin doesn't like]
- Any Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) Chipset (These cards do not support OpenGL 2.x fully)
--* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- Older NVIDIA Chipsets
--* GeForce 256
--* GeForce 2
--* GeForce 3
--* GeForce 4
--* GeForce FX Series
- ATI Radeon R200 and Older
--* ATI Radeon Processor Generations
--* Radeon 100
--* Radeon 200
--* RIVA TNT
------+ RIVA TNT
--* RAGE
------+ Rage

you eighther have to buy a new graficscard or use Dx3d. If you already use Dx3D-Plugin, use OpenGl.

Else, try to upgrade your graficsdrivers. If all of that didn't solve your problem, try to disable Progressiv Scan if its a Wii-Game. If non of that helped, tell us whats your system, and what games you are trying to run.
I own a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT 512 Mo with the lastest driver (190.38.). I think the problem is somewhere else. The GC game I try to run is bloody roar 4 Primal Fury. It is compatible. My system is :

Motherboard : Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
Processor : DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 Black Edition, 3215 MHz (16 x 201) 6400+
Memory : 2GB of DDR2
Graphic Card : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT 512 Mo
I own the 3.1 version of OpenGL (a new one came, 2 days ago).

I don't know where the problem can be.

Thank you for answering. =)
Maybe your proc is a bit weak , not the speed of course , but , look, I got the same proc on my HTPC on a nforce 750a and a 4670 , so basically the same setup (basicaly cauz your card is better ^^) , and the few things I ve tried to run are crap ( luigi mansions is great , almost perfect ) !

I also have a pc in my room with a 9800 GX2 ( so basically 2 of those 8800 gt 512 ^^) and those drivers you are using are CRAP (with dolphin ... and this specific card ) even if they are WHQL !

190.56 are real good for me ,

Here you go http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-Forc...-2342.html

Hope that help ^^... Now give me this bloody million , need to to buy Hyrule Castle !
Hello again. Thank you for your answer.

I'm sorry, but the new driver didn't solve anything. =/

Anyway, even if my system isn't strong enough, it was hard for me to believe that it is the reason of my problem. I guess that a weak system would give something else than a black screen with no sound, but a low framerate. So... I don't understand. But thank you for your answer.

Sorry for that million, but I can give you a quarter pounder with cheese for your help. =)
1. Have you tried switching builds?
2. Do you have any other games to try?
Thank you for answering.

1. Yes, I did, after I red your post. But it didn't solve anything.
2. Yes. I tried with another game (after I red your post, too), the legend of Zelda, wind waker. In this game, I can see the opening title and the little story (and the speed is okay. Everything looks perfect) after you choose to start a new game, but after, the game does the same than the former one, and the only thing I see is a black screen, without any sound. But the framebuffer keeps changing so I guess this is just a display issue, but I don't understand how to solve it.

But I have a question about it. I actually use PAL versions of the games, but my screen is a 60Hz screen. Couldn't it be a part of the problem ?

Thank you for your help, again. =)

Edit : it was a patch bug, I think. The problem is partially solved. But I still have no sound. I will browse the forum to find a solution. Thank you for your help, anyway. =)