Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linux performance questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Studiorion

Hi! I've been using Dolphin for a couple years now and wow is it an awesome program =)

I've run into a few issues that, after searching the web and these forums extensively, I can't seem to reconcile.

I'm currently running Ubuntu 13.10 using the latest dolphin release. 8gigs of ram, AMD Phenom II X6 (slightly overclocked) CPU, and a GeForce 550 GPU (all settings set to performance). When I load up a game (lets use WindWaker) and set the FPS limit to like 100+ the game runs amazingly well at 4X internal resolution. Like, 200%+ at all times well. Obviously, I need to draw that back as I don't want to play in turbo mode, so I first tried limiting FPS to Audio. This makes the emulation speed range from 98% - 50% making most games unplayable.

My question is this: Can anyone give me tips for how to balance this? Currently I'm using default settings, but I've tried seemingly everything. Either it's super turbo or too slow.

Thanks for any tips!
Set framelimit to Auto

Studiorion

(02-09-2014, 01:44 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Set framelimit to Auto

That's what I originally tried, but it seems to be bad with that as well.
In that case you're running into a CPU bottleneck. Your CPU is getting older, and Dolphin is getting more demanding the more accurate it becomes.