Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NetPlay won't "connect" emulated wiimotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jingk

Hello kind people of this forum. Me and a friend of mine tried playing New Super Mario Bros Wii with Dolphin 4.0.2, but, it doesn't take any input from our gamepads nor keyboards. The game runs perfect when I emulate it alone on my computer with no problems, just when I try and turn on netplay the statusbar in Dolphin's main window says "connecting" and not "wiimote connected" as it does in signle player. That is the only problem, we can find each other and connect, but no controller input at all. Thank you in advance Smile
IIRC there is no WiiMote emulation for Netplay. You can only play GC games afaik.
Wiimote netplay was added immediately after 4.0.

jingk

According to the wiki page - "Wiimote bindings work more or less the same way as GCpad settings, however only emulated Wiimotes can be used. Just edit emulated wiimote 1, regardless of what player you'll be in the netplay session. Any additional local players will be emulated wiimote 2 or emulated wiimote 3." But still this, somehow, doesn't work for us as it just won't connect.
Because you need to use a newer version. It wasn't implemented until after 4.0.

jingk

Well, as I mentioned, I'm using 4.0.2
Yeah, not what i meant. Grab the latest dev version from the download page. 4.0.2 has no new features from 4.0.

jingk

Thank you for the tip, I downloaded the newest dev version and it did work, thanks a lot Smile