Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cpu and gpu minimum for no graphical improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello, I want to know if a i3 3220 + HD7770 (ghz edition) is enough to play the Wii with a rendering of the original console without graphical improvements?

otherwise what cpu and gpu minimum minimum does it take to play without any graphics improvements while having optimum quality?
You can´t have good quality if your hardware is not good enough for it...

Also, it depends on the games you´ll play.
thanks ,i want play to all games working in dolphin ,ok so i5 cpu is obliged?

and gpu minimum for gaming without graphical improvements?
Any Intel HD 4xxx GPU is enough for little to no enhacements. And about the i3, it´ll run lightweight games (Luigi´s Mansion), and some average weight games (Super Mario Sunshine).
thank you djbarry, just intel hd is sufficient, it is interesting in this case I am more financially restrained, I can take a i5 4670k

therefore hd4600 intel graphics is very good without any improvement to the games or some games anyway want a graphics card?

and the hd4000 (igp old generation) of i5 3570k is good (i hate haswell ,i prefer ivybridge for the dual-boot windows xp) ?
Windows XP is not supported anymore. You´ll have to stick with either 7 or 8.1. Also, Haswell is one of the most recommended CPUs due to their tremendous performance in Dolphin terms.
ok ,go for haswell ,but is it that some games require more than the intel hd4600 or hd4600 is good for all ?
(02-09-2014, 10:46 AM)speedrunspirit Wrote: [ -> ]ok ,go for haswell ,but is it that some games require more than the intel hd4600 or hd4600 is good for all ?

As I said before, it depends. Telling wich games you´ll play is a good start, but in general the HD 4600 is enough.
I don't know why you hate haswell but an i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz (stock) is on par with i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz (OCed)
Intel HD 4600 is almost equivalent to Nvidia GT 630 which is good enough for 2.5x Internal Resolution (1600x1320) in most games or even 3xIR (1920x1584) in some light-weight games . Yep , this integrated GPU has been tested and confirmed with Dolphin
If you only need to max out Dolphin and other emulators performance , i5 4670k + MSI Z87 G45 (only Z87 mobo support OC) will be your choice
However , if you want most PC games to run well and most Wii/GC games to run "ok" , i3 4130 + H81(M) mobo + a dedicated GPU will be your choice
Dolphin Benchmark
Things to keep in mind :
_Dolphin is a dual core application and Dolphin love performance per core (single threaded perfromance)
_Haswell is about 30% faster than Ivy Bridge in Dolphin
Castle of Shikigami III
Battalion Wars 2
Mario Power Tennis
punch out
ssx
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Vampire Crystals
bust a move
super paper mario
donkey kong contry
new super mario