Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti(Maxwell)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would the Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti be ok for Dolphin? The GPU uses the latest Nvidia Maxwell architecture(newer than Kepler & Fermi) and supports OpenGL 4.4.
Short answer: yes

Long answer: High bandwidth, coupled with fast cores, OpenGl 4.4, and 2 GB memory will let you increase the IR/AA/AF to max or near max in most games. Dolphin relies more on the CPU than the GPU, so that really what you want to look for (opposite of "PC games" where you can have a sub-par CPU and fast GPU). Your i5 4670k is the best for Dolphin, so overclock it, and you should be able to run even the most demanding games at or near fullspeed.
What do some of the hardware pros on this forum think about the 750 Ti vs other popular cards like the 760 or 780 for Dolphin use? Any drawbacks based on the specs? It seems to me that this card will be able to emulate all Wii titles at 4xIR.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-...ifications
Yes it should be able to. But of course the GTX 760 and up are still faster so if you're trying to use a high IR and AA at the same time you might need a faster card depending on the game. It all depends on what exactly you want to do with dolphin.
Got my GTX 750 Ti SC today. So far, so good with 3xIR and 4xSSAA under OpenGL in LoZ: TP. I'll post some screens/video later.