Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashing on Launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
More than 75% of the time when I launch Dolphin (version 4.0.2 64-bit) it either does absolutely nothing, or gives me the standard Microsoft error report. Now when it does work, it works fine, the thing is it nearly never actually launches. Just wondering if anyone knows a fix for this.

Here's my computer specs.

Windows 7 Home Premium w/ service pack 1 64-bit
Intel i5-2300 @ 2.8 GHz
Radeon 6850
6gb of RAM
Dolphin 4.0.2 x64 (I should note, I had this problem prior to updating to this version from 3.0)
Are all your drivers up to date, and is Visual C++ 2012 and 2013 installed?
Updated all drivers and got 2012 C++ (got 2013 2 days ago when I was searching for this problem before making this post). Still crashes on launch or does absolutely nothing.

EDIT: If it makes a difference, when it start up it is always on the first launch of the program since the boot up of the computer. If I were to close it and try opening it again without restarting the computer it would never open.
Try some of these:
1) try one of the latest dev builds
2) move the Dolphin Emulator folder from Documents to the Desktop. This will allow Dolphin to rebuild itself totally, allowing any old problems to be removed. (Then you can copy over your saves)
3) if you can get dolphin open long enough, purge the cache. (One of the drop down menu's has it, not sure off the top of my head)
(02-07-2014, 05:06 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try some of these:
1) try one of the latest dev builds
2) move the Dolphin Emulator folder from Documents to the Desktop. This will allow Dolphin to rebuild itself totally, allowing any old problems to be removed. (Then you can copy over your saves)
3) if you can get dolphin open long enough, purge the cache. (One of the drop down menu's has it, not sure off the top of my head)

I purged the cache last I had it open and the folder is on the desktop already (I tired this already). I'll give 1 a go when I have more free time. And just something to add that may or not be related, when dolphin is running it will often (has ended more than 90% of my sessions) give me the error GFX FIFO:Unknown Opcode (0x3f). Not sure if this is related to the problem of it not launching/crashing on launch or not.
If you have fast mip-mapping enabled, turn it off.

Also make sure you aren't forcing any enhancements through Catalyst Control Center
Where would Fast mip=mapping be located? I looked under the graphics tab and couldn't find it.
My bad, I meant Cache display lists
That doesn´t appear either in recent builds, KHg8m3r. Tongue That was removed.
Yes, but the OP said they're on 4.0.2, so it's still there.
Pages: 1 2