Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question regarding the Radeon 7750
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello people. I'm considering on purchasing a low profile HIS Radeon 7750 (the GDDR5 1GB) version for my media pc. The question is will this card be able to handle games like Xenoblade, The Last Story or any other demanding games like Super Mario Galaxy 2? I will be running my games at 4x IR with 16x AF with little to no AA on Linux with the OpenGL backend. I've read the GPU minimum specs post and it doesn't list the radeon 7000 series. I just want to make sure the card runs fine on dolphin.
AF does not impact performance, so there´s nothing wrong in that section. About IR, you´ll be hitting lots of slowdowns with those demanding (the most demanding) games if ran at 4X IR.

In relation to your CPU, even being a good and strong model you won´t escape from slowdowns (recommended: i5-4670K).
I suppose 3x IR will be enough for these games, correct?
About the cpu, yes I know I won't escape some slowdowns but for the most part It's working fantastic for the moment.
(02-06-2014, 09:09 AM)TheLastCat Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose 3x IR will be enough for these games, correct?
About the cpu, yes I know I won't escape some slowdowns but for the most part It's working fantastic for the moment.

2X or 3X, depending on the games´ parts.
3x or 4xIR since this is GDDR5 version with high memory bandwidth
Awesome, thanks for the information. I have one more question, recently I found another radeon 7750 which is also low profile on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814161418 (The one Im considering on purchasing)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814129263 (The one I found recently)

In terms of performance, aren't they both the same? Please correct me if im wrong.
I'm assuming that the HIS version of the card will stay cooler than the visiontek card because of the dual fans. Am I also correct on this?
Yes, they will have similar if not exact performance. I had a low profile hd 6670 and it performed the same as the regular model. The only difference is they're made to fit in smaller cases iirc.
I forgot to add a little detail. I will be playing with V-Sync enabled. Doesn't that usually decrease performance?
It sometimes does, and that´s not needed at all...
Oh that's good to know. Thanks for the info everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5