Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Widescreen Hack in N64 Virtual Console
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Widescreen Hack (Unchanged HUD)

How Config:

Wii Aspact Ratio: 4:3 ( In the Virtual Console hack only works if the Wii Aspect ratio is 4:3, 16:9 will stretch the image)
[Image: Sem_t_tulo.png]

General Aspact Ratio: 16:9
[Image: 1618708_543577409082688_264686485_n.jpg]

Enabel Widescreen Hack
[Image: 1505531_543581535748942_1059233798_n.jpg]

Super Mario 64: Work

[Image: Sem_t_tulo.jpg]

Star FOX 64: Bug
Decentralized

[Image: stfx.jpg]
It is a hack, what did you expect?
And? What's the point of showing us these pictures? You just showed us one game that works and another that doesn't.

The widescreen hack is just that: a hack. It's doing something in a way that can break games, sometimes work, or sometimes not do anything.

If you are interested in running N64 games in widescreen, PJ64 should be able to handle that, and there are methods to extract the N64 ROM from the VC WAD.
I'm actually wondering how this works.

AFAIK the games are emulated in an emulator. How the hell does the Widescreen hack patch that?
Are there as customizing the Wii aspect ratio (Not Dolphin General Aspect Ratio) for each game?
Also surprised this works at all. AFAIK no N64 emus can do this.

Cobra

(02-06-2014, 12:39 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]If you are interested in running N64 games in widescreen, PJ64 should be able to handle that, and there are methods to extract the N64 ROM from the VC WAD.

From the few games I tested, both PJ64's and Dolphin's widescreen hack have the same result. I think Dolphin is a better N64 emulator than an actual N64 emulator for games on VC.
I don't think pj64 has a widescreen hack, just a stretch option
Well I know for a fact that Mupen64Plus can force 16:9 with GlideMK2.

EDIT - Not GlideMK2, I mean the Rice plugin. At least I'm pretty sure some version (or a patch of it) had that capability. Citation.
PJ64 can do it too, but it's hidden and cryptic to find out.
Pages: 1 2