Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Game Runs Slow! Please Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AbdullahiY

Hey Guys! So I have a problem of dolphin speeds and stuff. OK, so first, I downloaded a'lot of versions of dolphin and my recent was 4.0.x and 3.5-368. I Noticed that 3.5.-368 was running smoother then 4.0.x. But that's not about today's topic. Today, I wanted to know if my pc has at least enough requirements to run dolphin.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Manufacturer: Toshiba Leading Innovation
Build: Satellite C55-A5300
Processor/CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU 1037U @ 1.80GHz x2
Video Card: I Dont Know Where To Find This. Help If You Can Smile.
There Are Some Screenshots of Game-Play At the bottom.
And Additional Screenshots Of Settings.

Sorry About The White Sections On the Pics, I had to crop them so the forum could upload it.

Thanks!!!!!
Your CPU is terribly underpowered. Even the lightest games might give you issues. You have the Ivy Bridge Mobile HD Graphics most likely, which is somewhat faster than the HD 3000 in Sandy Bridge iirc, not sure though. Most games will struggle at anything above 1x native GC/Wii resolution, but your CPU will bottleneck you in most cases anyway.

The 1037U is not a good CPU to run Dolphin on. I have the same CPU in my emu-console (Gigabyte Brix). It's good enough for just about everything from NES, SNES, PSX, N64, DS, and even some PSP games. PCSX2 and Dolphin, however, are simply out of its league.

So the short end of it is that you have very weak hardware for Dolphin. The plus side is that you're more than capable of enjoying a host of other emulators and games.
1- Normal since most Intel IGPs are slow.

2- You are expecting fullspeed with an old brand like Celeron and with an ultra-low voltage model?

3- Intel doesn´t makes cards, just GPUs.

4- Unfortunately I got ninja´d. Sad
To find your GPU, open Device Manager or download and use GPU-Z.

You're hitting a CPU bottleneck. Dolphin needs fast single-core speeds from the CPU to run at full speed, and your CPU is a low power model meant to run at low speeds.

Some things to do to speed up your computer (don't expect full speed)
1) Update drivers, Windows updates, DirectX Web installer (may be missing some parts), and latest version of Visual C++
2) Make sure under Power Management in Windows you're running in High Performance. Also set your GPU to run at high performance: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance+guide
3) Use the OpenGL backend on one of the latest dev builds, as it is faster than D3D. The current dev build is 4.0-780

You should probably look into getting new hardware, preferably a desktop so you can upgrade it easier. Intel Haswell CPUs are the current best for Dolphin (we can recommend some good, cheap hardware if you want)

Double ninja'd

AbdullahiY

Ok, Thank's For Trying To Help Guys.... I Really Appreciate it!

I Forgot to say, I Played Naruto Shippuden: Clash Of Ninja Revolution 3 And It was working fine.

(02-04-2014, 05:19 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is terribly underpowered. Even the lightest games might give you issues. You have the Ivy Bridge Mobile HD Graphics most likely, which is somewhat faster than the HD 3000 in Sandy Bridge iirc, not sure though. Most games will struggle at anything above 1x native GC/Wii resolution, but your CPU will bottleneck you in most cases anyway.

The 1037U is not a good CPU to run Dolphin on. I have the same CPU in my emu-console (Gigabyte Brix). It's good enough for just about everything from NES, SNES, PSX, N64, DS, and even some PSP games. PCSX2 and Dolphin, however, are simply out of its league.

So the short end of it is that you have very weak hardware for Dolphin. The plus side is that you're more than capable of enjoying a host of other emulators and games.

Aww... Is there anything I can do to speed it up just a little bit?
No. Your hardware is way too slow.