Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What's my bottleneck here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-31-2014, 10:15 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]3 channels being used, to some people, means that it's triple channel, but, of course, 4 channels on two DIMMs must be dual-channel, right? RIIIGHT?

Triple channel is on 3 DIMMs, not 2 or 4.

Op, the 930 should be more than enough but sounds like HT. Dolphin is set to use 2 cores(assuming you have it enabled), and Windows sees Hyperthreading as multiple cores. So it might be only using one logical core, but both threads on that core.

The 930 still has a high IPC performance rating too. Big Grin Has more than what my new 7850k has.
Seems we've pulled this thread a little off topic. Is it certain that processor speed is my bottleneck here? If so is there any way to verify that's the case or anything I can try to get this game to run at full speed with EFB2RAM? Thanks
The speed isn't the issue, it's HT.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...e-required

Run this once with HT on, then once with HT off. A real Wii can run this benchmark in about 17 minutes. Big Grin
I've had HT off since the beginning, I only flipped it on once to see the effect. Thanks for the link though, I'll benchmark my machine, though it still won't solve my problem.
What other settings are you running?

It wasn't accurate, but I don't remember having any major speed issues on my old Athlon 2 X3 machine.
Everything is in my first post, I think. Running everything as low as possible, Skip EFB and Ignore format changes are currently checked. Have tried versions with streaming vertex hack for OpenGL with no real luck. Like I said I don't mind using D3D, just want it to be pinned at 60fps.

Here's my benchmark fwiw:
http://i.imgur.com/FNkaCAI.png
(02-01-2014, 02:40 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, I see you trying to spread wrong things all the time. Research your things.
(01-31-2014, 08:42 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]iirc.
(02-01-2014, 06:38 AM)Nemesys Wrote: [ -> ]Everything is in my first post, I think. Running everything as low as possible, Skip EFB and Ignore format changes are currently checked. Have tried versions with streaming vertex hack for OpenGL with no real luck. Like I said I don't mind using D3D, just want it to be pinned at 60fps.

Here's my benchmark fwiw:
http://i.imgur.com/FNkaCAI.png

Okay, but what are your other Dolphin settings? You also shouldn't need to create a profile in Nvidia control panel either.

Post a picture of all of your settings from each tab.
(02-01-2014, 06:41 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2014, 02:40 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, I see you trying to spread wrong things all the time. Research your things.

3 second google search
(02-01-2014, 08:04 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2014, 06:41 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]

3 second google search

10 minute page wade after 3 second google search
Pages: 1 2 3