Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How does GC-Emulation works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just wanted to know if there is any tutorial about how gamecube-emulation exactly works. As I know a bit C++ (enough to do many things except doing great things with Dolphins source (but my knowlege is not perfect)), I got really interested in helping with developing Dolphon. Now my problem is, that I do know C++ (like said), and I can read, understand and sometimes even comprehend Wink dolphins code, but I have no slight Idea how I should improve something. Even when I look at the SVN-Changes, I can thing about that I might have done that, but actually I have no idea how to begin.

Are there any hints from you how I may get a dev? Maybe some links to some nice tutorials?

cmccmc

Hey the King, Where did you learn C++ I have been trying to learn but my stupid book is crap
(08-07-2009, 04:12 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]Hey the King, Where did you learn C++ I have been trying to learn but my stupid book is crap

I have all in all 4 books where I learned it... well as I said I don't know it 100%. Books are not that good, because after you have learned the basic features, you are really tempth to just type what the book says and don't learn anything more...

Yeah, thats it. I learned it from some books. How can your book be that bad? Well, my first book was only about CMD-Programming, which is not that usefull for dolphin or such stuff, but I learned the basics... loops, conditions, ... . My other books are better. Yeah, german books rules Tongue

cmccmc

were the all in german?
(08-07-2009, 04:21 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]were the all in german?

I live in Austria, so... yes. But maybe there are english translation of it if it would help.
C++ really isn't that hard. I learned the little bit I know from simply looking at others codes and wanting something to work for my purpose, basically trial and error and some google searches Wink Plus VS2008 Pro makes everything so neat and pretty, and pretty much tells you exactly whats not right when u try to compile.

I don't know 80% of the code, but I can easily debug a problem with it.

But I guess that's just the way my mind is wired.
(08-07-2009, 04:45 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]C++ really isn't that hard. I learned the little bit I know from simply looking at others codes and wanting something to work for my purpose, basically trial and error and some google searches Wink Plus VS2008 Pro makes everything so neat and pretty, and pretty much tells you exactly whats not right when u try to compile.

I don't know 80% of the code, but I can easily debug a problem with it.

But I guess that's just the way my mind is wired.

Well, I can't really learn from looking at others code, and... yes, of course VS2008 makes everythings neat, but the problem is, even if there is a function that requieres some values, and there is a toottip shown, I can't really handle this. Maybe because, even if the programms languege is german, the functions names are english... that makes it difficult for me.
I would suggest changing the title from "how to become a dev?" to "How gamecube emulation works"... that seems to be what you are asking. The title makes you sound like a whiny idiot... when i opened this thread i expected "OMGWTFBBQ I R WUNT TO BECOM DEV BUT R DUN NO HOW TO DO IT PLLLLLLLLLLZ HELP!!!eleven!!!!!!1111"
(08-07-2009, 05:44 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest changing the title from "how to become a dev?" to "How gamecube emulation works"... that seems to be what you are asking. The title makes you sound like a whiny idiot... when i opened this thread i expected "OMGWTFBBQ I R WUNT TO BECOM DEV BUT R DUN NO HOW TO DO IT PLLLLLLLLLLZ HELP!!!eleven!!!!!!1111"

lol^^ ... Hm okay I "belive" you and changed the title... better now? ^^
(08-07-2009, 05:49 AM)The King Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2009, 05:44 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest changing the title from "how to become a dev?" to "How gamecube emulation works"... that seems to be what you are asking. The title makes you sound like a whiny idiot... when i opened this thread i expected "OMGWTFBBQ I R WUNT TO BECOM DEV BUT R DUN NO HOW TO DO IT PLLLLLLLLLLZ HELP!!!eleven!!!!!!1111"

lol^^ ... Hm okay I "belive" you and changed the title... better now? ^^

yup Tongue
Pages: 1 2