Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I might have a working config for Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gyrichjames

Hey all,

Not a pro to this, but I've hunted across the web to find a Dolphin config that will display all aspects of this game correctly, and run it at a decent speed. I found one that seems to work. I get 20-30 fps everywhere but in dungeons, and 25-30fps in dungeons.

*DISCLAIMER*: I just found this config tonight after playing with various configs and am still at the beginning ~20 mins of the game, but the in game graphics, cutscenes using game graphics, CG cutscenes, and town map all are working so far. The only glitchy part is the overlay minimap inside the dungeons; it's distorted but still somewhat intelligible. ALSO, I'm playing the Japanese version to practice my Japanese, so I'm only assuming this config will work for the English version as well. The below config corrected my long standing problem of a black screen after the CG cutscene at the end of the first tower.

K, let's get to it. See attached files for my setup, and my specs are in the final attachment. I just joined to be able to post this for you all; it's 2am here so I'll fig out how to put my specs in my sig later, mods.

About the Game Properties images, you'll notice I have Custom Project Hack checked, but in the Settings for it (GameProperties-02.jpg), there isn't a game selected, it just says [Custom] in the drop down. I arrived there while I was tinkering around; I selected Metroid: Other M from that drop down menu, and clicked OK and went on with the rest of my experimentation.

When I got to the attached config and saw the game was working, I noticed that Custom Projection Hack was checked and setup as you see in the pics, so I just left it turned on since things are working.

Good luck all!
Advice: Get rid of the projection hack (these are awful, and the bug this one fixed in Other M has already been fixed anyway) and check "Vertex Streaming Hack" (a large free speedup on Nvidia GPUs).

gyrichjames

Update:

This config works even better on 4.0-733 dev build.

Squeezes a few more FPS out and fixes minimap overlay.

Have fun!
The minimap is fixed by default in the latest development, not due to the above configuration...
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...bo-dungeon