Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How i can inject Opengl HDR to recent version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dbsdhrqn123

Hi guy

I can select post processing shader "HDR" at Dolphin 6522M

but i can't at recent version ex 4.0-482

Please if you know , let me know t.t
Probably renamed to "bad bloom". HDR isn't a filter or effect, it's High Dynamic Range rendering, i.e. rendering lights and the game world at a higher dynamic range than the display/capture device, just like how a camera or our eyeballs cannot capture the full dynamic of the world around us and use apertures to adjust our range on the fly. If a game doesn't support HDR rendering it doesn't support HDR rendering, and that's that. The only way to add true HDR would be to make a custom version of the game with HDR rendering implanted, which would be very difficult. Any post process filters are just trying to emulate the typical look of tone mapping (the process of taking HDR rendering and converting it to our LDR monitors), but since that filter doesn't have the information it needs it will just be fake and generally horrible.

For the record, some Wii titles do use HDR rendering, and Dolphin displays them more or less correctly. The bloom problem is annoying, but otherwise it works.