Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker Audio Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody! I recently installed Dolphin 4.0.2 on my computer after having 3.5 for quite some time. I like that 4.0.2 fixes a lot of issues with games that I previously had, but unfortunately a new issue was introduced when playing Wind Waker. Very often I get issues with the audio, where the music starts sounding choppy/distorted, usually while sailing but it happens at other times too. However, the audio is completely fine when in any menus (title, map, inventory, etc.) This never happened when I used 3.5 on the exact same computer. I tried using different sound plugins and video backends, but nothing changed. Help would be appreciated, thank you.
The source of the issue stems from using LLE audio in 4.0.2 instead of HLE audio in 3.5. Dolphin overrides your settings with preset configurations stored in .ini files (this is so that the best settings can are available without the user having to touch anything). You can switch back to HLE audio by right-clicking Wind Waker in Dolphin, going to Properties, and making sure DSP HLE is checked. Note that you may experience freezes with HLE audio (which is why LLE audio is set as the default). See this for an explanation + alternative solutions aside from LLE audio: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ay_Screens