Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Preventing Gamecube Main Stick from reverting into neutral position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Iamnotcreative

Hello Dolphin Community!

So this is my first post on this Forum so please forgive me if I have missed something and made any mistakes by posting this thread here or if a thread like this already exists. I tried using the search function but even after going to quite a few threads I haven't gotten anywhere.

So my question is: how do I prevent the Main Stick in an emulated Gamecube controller from reverting into the neutral position when I change the direction of the Stick. At least I think that this is the problem I am not 100% certain.

I am trying to play Baten Kaitos: origins and I am at a point where I have to run through a maze where you have to hold down a dash button to cross the room. If the player lets go of the dashing button for even a moment you fail the maze and get ported back to the entrance of the maze. The character only dashes when the Stick is not in the neutral position. Now as I understand it every time I change the direction of the main stick it momentarily reverts into the neutral position before changing to the new direction, which means the character momentarily stops dashing when I change the running direction and I fail the maze.

So if someone wants to know what maze I am talking about here is a random walkthrough with the maze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL89DD...FOg#t=1595

Thank you in advance for any help! Smile
You could try making the dead zone zero, but unless you are using an actually joystick there isn't much else to do.

Iamnotcreative

Oh well at least I now know that it cant be helped than. Thanks for you help! Smile