Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hotkey button Configurations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to quickly swap between Button Configurations, as in a hotkey? I'm looking into creating a comfortable configuration for Twilight Princess (GCN), and I'd like to assign first-person aiming controls to the mouse, without sacrificing normal control-stick input mapped to WASD. This is apart of a larger project to try and make the emulated GCN version of Twilight Princess more natural to play on a Mouse and Keyboard interface, since the Wii Version seems to have it easy with the Wiimote Cursor functionality.

Well yeah, hotkeying button configs. If we don't have it yet, let's make it happen!
Kind of. You can set it so the controls change while holding a button, with the expression parser (right click the button in the controller config), but i don't think a toggle is possible.

For example, something like this:

(!`DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:TAB` & `DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:W`) | (`DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:TAB` & `DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:Cursor Y-`)

Will use W for up if tab is not pressed, otherwise Cursor up if it is.

You could then use outside software to then hold tab for you after pressing another key, to allow for a toggle.
(01-24-2014, 02:09 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of. You can set it so the controls change while holding a button, with the expression parser (right click the button in the controller config), but i don't think a toggle is possible.

For example, something like this:

(!`DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:TAB` & `DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:W`) | (`DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:TAB` & `DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse:Cursor Y-`)

Will use W for up if tab is not pressed, otherwise Cursor up if it is.

You could then use outside software to then hold tab for you after pressing another key, to allow for a toggle.

So you code this into individual button inputs, rather than loading entire configuations? I think I get it now. Well, hotkeying the loading of entire configurations would be awesome to see in a future update to Dolphin. Thanks for replying so fast. Smile
Yeah, that's the only way to do it at the moment.
Alright, I got something pretty solid set up, but I'm wondering if there is a way, without using third-party software, to make a Gamecube button act as pressed without pressing anything, or always pressed when a key is released? Either or would work.
Use !key.
Is there a way to program a duration? Such as if a key is not pressed, it presses another key for x amount of time? If there isn't a way of doing that from within Dolphin, what program would make that possible?

Again, thank you so much.
Nope. I guess something like AutoIt should wokr.