Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Confused..oh so CONFUSED!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

{Ka-Tet}Eddie Dean

Ok, call me a newb, or whatever...I am really CONFUSED here. So I go to the DL page, and snag the downloawd there.. I sit here...I watch it DL in Firefox....and I than un pack it when it is done. And what do I get EVERY time I try to open it?? "Dolphin.exe has encountered a problim and needs to close..." Am I doing something wrong? I DONT get this...I want to play Metroid Prime 2. I dont even care if Dolphin is slow right now or not...just to SEE it!!
So I dont know what I am doing wrong, or if for SOME odd reasson it just WILL not work on my system, though I can not see why it would not. I do not have a AWSOME system, but it aint to bad. At one point, oh probibly several months ago, 6 if not longer, I DID have it and it worked FINE....NOW nothing.
Do I have to DL an older version? Are the SVN builds updates to a later version of Dolphin?
Also, not sure if you can ask this, and if I get yelled at, thats fine. How deos one go about loading a GC game on Dolphin??ISO format? If not, can anyone tell, or direct me, in the right way to onvert the ISO to a playable format? Just curiose..
Someone PLEASE help me out with the firt problim of mine...
thanx.
Ok..so I DID figure it out..Linda. I was nto aware that I had to go BACK to find the last version of the one that INSTALLS onto ones comp, but I got it. i am ASSUMING that the SVN things are updates??
ISO is fine. SVN are updates, but you don't need a previous version of Dolphin to make them work. It's possible that the download was corrupted. Other than that, you need to give us more info. Like your computer specs, os, etc.
Read the Sticky Threads

Dolphin-Emu Support | DVD CD Drives | *.elf *.dol *.gcm *.iso *.wad Files.

{Ka-Tet}Eddie Dean

Ok...So I HAVE it working, but the firast game i DLed, Metroid Prime 2, the FPS is SSSSOOOO Slow.....Is there a way to make the FPS better??Are there other plugins I can get??
I mean it works..I think..never got a menu screen or anything. But I DID get the Health Hazard thing....

I am running Win. XP SP2
AMD Athlon 2200+
Radion 9600
1.5 gig ram.

So what do i do with the SVN things??
i DLed them From the Dolphin website, and I dont know if I am sopposed to extract them into the folder on my drive OF Dolphin, or not. I DID try that, but than it came back doing the same thing...The one version that is working is 1.03, but DAMN i am not even getting 10 FPS.....Sad(
Turn on "safe texture cache" in advanced graphic options. But you're not gonna get good FPS with those specs, sorry. Metroid Primes are the most demanding games for Dolphin. Even for me the FPS drop down to under 20 in the worst places. Specs: Core2Duo E8400 3,0 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260; WinVista 32 Bit

{Ka-Tet}Eddie Dean

Ok, I cant find what you told me to do, anf it is a bummer that Metroid is so demanding, I LOVE the metroid games, and never have played Metroid Prime 2. Anyone tell me how demanding the Zelda games are? both the GC and Wii ones? and how do you configure for a Wii remote?

I do plan on upgrading mr comp, CPU will be a AMD Phenom II 3.0 GHZ.

Also how are the Star Wars games??

If anyone can give me any games that will do fine on my system, if one can be allowed by the rules of the forum, please tell me.
Well, your PC is really weak to run Dolphin at full speed. You can run games, but very slow. The best choice is some dual core CPU like C2D E6600 or something like it Smile
temp ban.
no warez
(04-02-2009, 07:42 PM){Ka-Tet}Eddie Dean Wrote: [ -> ]but the firast game i DLed, Metroid Prime 2, the FPS is SSSSOOOO

I read this before I noticed he was banned and said... duh!

Then I looked up and saw his name crossed out... and said... FAIL!

lol...
(04-03-2009, 05:16 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2009, 07:42 PM){Ka-Tet}Eddie Dean Wrote: [ -> ]but the firast game i DLed, Metroid Prime 2, the FPS is SSSSOOOO

I read this before I noticed he was banned and said... duh!

Then I looked up and saw his name crossed out... and said... FAIL!

lol...

LULZ