Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zumba Unable to play get stuck at no game saved screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

middle-aged- gaming-newb

I am unable to play any of the three zumba games on Dolphin. Everything is fine until you come to the screen that says "No game data is found. Would you like to create one?" I am unable to choose yes or no. It is like this on all three versions of Zumba.

I know it doesn't require plus controller or a board. The game has been tested and found compatible.

It seems like I am missing something really simple but just can't figure it out.

Other games seem to work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Do you have a sensor bar?

middle-aged- gaming-newb

(01-18-2014, 01:31 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a sensor bar?

Thanks for your reply Jhonn,

Don't tell me that is what the problem is? That would be so simple. Sometimes the simplest solutions go over our heads. But NO I DO NOT have a sensor bar. I purchased one from Amazon that was on the recommended accessories page. The "Official Nintendo Wii Wireless Ultra Sensor Bar with Extended Play Range"

But one of the slide buttons was broken off and there was something rattling around inside so I sent it back (last week). I wasn't even sure how the sensor bar worked. How does it input the data to the emulator? It didn't make sense until the I thought of the only possible explanation is that the data is sent through the wii controller to the Bluetooth device. Am I right?

But I don't think the game requires a sensor bar from what my research tells me. I don't have a real Wii but bought the games at a garage sale. They are the real game and not bootlegs but they didn't have the cases. And a friend who has a wii burned them to an image for me.

Why would a sensor bar be the solution when any other game you can select by using the four-way pad?

Would you know how to edit the config file or do something that creates a game profile in the game folder so I could bypass that screen.
I never played the Wii versions of Zumba, and you said your wiimote are working but you can't choose yes or no. So, I assumed that the game uses a virtual cursor to let the player select Yes or No. Many Wii games uses a virtual cursor to select things like that, and games that uses virtual cursors require a working sensor bar to know where you're pointing. Without the sensor bar, the wiimote won't know that you're pointing to the screen, so the cursor doesn't appear and because of that I assumed you can't choose yes or no...
I've just tried some of the older Just Dance games (uses the same game engine as Zumba) and it does require the sensor bar to move the cursor. The d-pad cannot select the menus. You can see this for yourself if you select an emulated wiimote in Dolphin.

middle-aged- gaming-newb

I know it's a little late but I wanted to thank the both of you.

Not having the sensor bar was the problem and once I purchased once everything worked without problems.

Now I just need a faster CPU

Thanks Again! Smile