Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MK-Wii Friend Codes and Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rollergold

Does the MKW friend roster work on the emulator? I've tired adding friend codes and other people adding my code but they never show up as added, just a "?" Tried disconnecting from WFC and trying again and still nothing. So I asked the question in this thread:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...ial?page=7
and got this response:
(01-13-2014, 11:00 PM)64DD Wrote: [ -> ]On Mario Kart Wii the friends codes doesn't work. You need a friend who has a Wii and can open a room in order to play with someone with an emulator.
So I tried adding my dolphin code to my wii copy and adding the wii copy code to the dolphin copy and opened a room on the wii, still no dice. am I missing something or do friend codes not work on the eumulator? WW's and regional's for both racing and battling work just fine its only the friend codes that don't want to work

UPDATE:
If I took the save file from my wii and moved it to the PC would the already added FC's still be join able if that friend joins a WW/Regional?
You need to add the friend codes on the Wii, copy your Wii NAND into Dolphin, and then those friend codes will be in Dolphin*.

*I haven't done this, just regurgitating what I've been told.