Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheBigJam

So playing Mario Sunshine, the game was working great except this one chapter which required me to clean an area in a time limit. Even though I cleaned the entire area, it never ended the chapter. After googling the problem, it said my version of Dolphin was outdated. So, I updated my Dolphin to version 4.0.2 and I moved my MemoryCardA to the GC and selected it. Upon opening the game again, it still prompted me as if there was no save file at all. Similarly it happens to my other games. I proceeded to use savestates from the previous version, however that just crashed the emulator. I have no clue what to do.
4.0.2 uses global user directory. Place memory card in My Documents/Dolphin Emulator/GC

I'm pretty sure that's the right directory.

TheBigJam

(01-18-2014, 12:33 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]4.0.2 uses global user directory. Place memory card in My Documents/Dolphin Emulator/GC

I'm pretty sure that's the right directory.

Thanks for the reply.

My memory card is located there and the emulator (or rather game) doesn't prompt me to create a new memory card. It seems to be working, however after moving the memory card from the Dolphin version 3.0 or something I had before to the newly updated Dolphin, the game simply doesn't recognize any data as being saved on the memory card.

Would it be easier to upload the memory card itself?