Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GUI and settings quiery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

karry

1. Where do i set the path to the user directory ? I absolutely hate software that dumps everything in Users folder. I want to put Dolphin settings, savestates, memcards, gamepad profiles - in Dolphin main directory. How do i do that ?

2. When looking at the game listing in main window, it looks horrible : every game has some quirk in its name. One can be listed entirely in Japanese, another in all caps, yet another with underscores between each word. And i cant see where the emu takes that information from. When looking in properties\iso detail and banner detail - those cant be changed. So how do i change them to a naming system _I_ want ?

Thanks.
1. https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont...directory/

2. They are taken from the game iso, or save file for wii games.

karry

So...do i rename save files or... ?
You could edit the name in the save file, but obviously it'd be overwritten the next time you play the game and save. GC games are easier, since you can just edit the iso once and it'll stay.

karry

So basically it's arbitrary and cant be changed, ever, for no reason in particular. Great.
How is the name given to it by its creators arbitrary?